Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2022, 05:31 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,493,034 times

Advertisements

The 30th annual Taste of Alpharetta festival will take place from 5-10pm on Thursday, May 12th, 2022.

Quote:
ALPHARETTA, GA — The 30th annual Taste of Alpharetta returns from 5-10 p.m. on Thursday, May 12, and will feature the best tastes from 60 local restaurants.

Guests will sample appetizers, entrees and desserts from the top chefs in town. The longest running food festival in the South will also feature live music, a beer and wine garden, Best of Contest and a family "fun zone" with a variety of children's activities for all ages.

Admission is free, and food and beverage tickets are available for purchase on-site at the festival. New to the festival this year is online ticket pre-sales available at Taste of Alpharetta or Eventbrite.
Taste Of Alpharetta Announces Restaurant Lineup
- The 30th annual Taste of Alpharetta is set to return in May, with more than 60 restaurants participating. Food tickets are on sale now.
(Alpharetta-Milton Patch)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2022, 05:33 PM

Taste of Alpharetta (Official Website)

Old 05-03-2022, 07:58 AM

1,145 posts, read 4,212,034 times
This will be my first year going. Does anyone know how bad parking is? Are those downtown Alpharetta garages going to be impossible to get into?

I realize there is a free shuttle from Wills Park, but are there any other realistic options?

Old 05-03-2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue 99 View Post
This will be my first year going. Does anyone know how bad parking is? Are those downtown Alpharetta garages going to be impossible to get into?

I realize there is a free shuttle from Wills Park, but are there any other realistic options?
Here is the link to the parking information page (the link to this page is broken on the website’s front page):
Taste of Alpharetta - DIRECTIONS & PARKING - FREE PARKING AND SHUTTLE SYSTEM AVAILABLE

While I don’t know exactly how challenging parking will be, I do know that one should expect to encounter at least a high amount of traffic for what traditionally has been a pretty popular community event with regional appeal.

The event will be held at Alpharetta City Hall which is located at 2 Park Plaza. So the “City Hall Parking Deck” at 2 Park Plaza will be located closest to the event and very likely will experience the most crowding and congestion. But it’s a popular community event, so some crowding and congestion may also be likely at the Milton Avenue garage which is located about 5-6 blocks away on the west side of Downtown Alpharetta.

It is also important to note that there appears that there will be no parking shuttle from the two Willis Park parking locations (Wills Park at Wacky World on Old Milton Parkway to the right of Alpharetta City Pool, and at Wills Park Equestrian Center at 11915 Wills Road), which appears to be listed under the “PARK & WALK” option on the Taste of Alpharetta parking information page.

Instead, parking shuttles will run every 20-25 minutes between a sizable parking area at 2550 Northwinds Parkway (about 1.6 miles away) and the event site at Alpharetta City Hall at 2 Park Plaza.

Old 05-03-2022, 10:48 AM

5,621 posts, read 5,933,278 times
I think a year ago I tried going to something else in downtown Alpharetta and didn't realize this was going on at the same time and parking was a disaster. Those garages are tough on a normal weekend. I happen to know a secret lot right outside of downtown that nobody ever seems to know about. Not sure if it'd be full for this.

I went to Alive in Roswell a few weeks ago and parking was awful. Everything was full by 6-630. My friend ended up parking at a church along with 100 other people. I would imagine a similar situation for this.

Old 08-21-2022, 04:40 AM

374 posts, read 257,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
I think a year ago I tried going to something else in downtown Alpharetta and didn't realize this was going on at the same time and parking was a disaster. Those garages are tough on a normal weekend. I happen to know a secret lot right outside of downtown that nobody ever seems to know about. Not sure if it'd be full for this.

I went to Alive in Roswell a few weeks ago and parking was awful. Everything was full by 6-630. My friend ended up parking at a church along with 100 other people. I would imagine a similar situation for this.
It's no Taste of Chicago, but it will pack a lot of people in a tight space, no doubt. Yes, parking will be awful there. It's basically 20 years behind the times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta