Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 04:30 PM

722 posts, read 3,315,842 times

Advertisements

No Trader Joes on the southside, although there are rumors of one moving into Peachtree City. A Costco is about to be built in Newnan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 07:36 AM

539 posts, read 2,102,467 times
Default Where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy0027 View Post
No Trader Joes on the southside, although there are rumors of one moving into Peachtree City. A Costco is about to be built in Newnan.
I love Costco! Where are they planning on building in Newnan?

Old 02-08-2008, 06:26 AM

167 posts, read 769,366 times
Default Costco

There are two Costco's in Gwinnett (Venture Drive and Mall of Georgia). I love Costcos.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:23 PM

79 posts, read 409,217 times
There's also a Trader Joe's opening in Buckhead where an OfficeMax used to be.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:14 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,775,959 times
There's a Costco in Cumberland near the Cumberland mall, right next to Smyrna/Vinings (Cobb County). That's where I buy gas.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:46 PM

33 posts, read 224,212 times
I moved here from LA 9 months ago and had exactly the same questions. :-) There's a Costco in Smyrna at Cumberland Mall. TJ staff here is just as great in LA. The only thing missing is the 99 cent store, lol.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:54 PM

162 posts, read 683,647 times
There is a Trader Joes on Johnson Ferry near Roswell Rd. in Marietta. and a Costco off Barrett Parkway in Kennesaw. Hope that helps!

Old 02-10-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastWoman View Post
I moved here from LA 9 months ago and had exactly the same questions. :-) There's a Costco in Smyrna at Cumberland Mall. TJ staff here is just as great in LA. The only thing missing is the 99 cent store, lol.
That's actually Cumberland. Smyrna starts just across 285 (about 1,000 feet from there ). Everything ITP in Cobb County is either Cumberland or Vinings. Windy Ridge West of 75 and just East of 75 + South of Windy Hill is also usually considered Cumberland as well (areas such as Wildwood, Aker's Mill, Circle 75, and Interstate North).

The blue on the satellite map is Smyrna and the red on the satellite map is Marietta. Everything else is Cumberland and Vinings (bottom-middle), Spring Hill (Spring Hill Rd and Parkway), Buckhead (bottom-right) and the tiniest sliver of Sandy Springs (top-right):
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/ff/Cumberlandareamap.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by netdragon; 02-10-2008 at 03:24 PM..

Old 02-10-2008, 05:45 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,253,668 times
Is Cumberland really a neighborhood though a la Vinings and Buckhead? I don't know - I just don't consider it that. *shrugs* In any case, the mailing address for Cumberland Mall and places nearby is Atlanta 30339. The 30080 area code outside 285 there is Smyrna.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Is Cumberland really a neighborhood though a la Vinings and Buckhead?
Yes. It's a very compact area, though.. Even smaller in area than Vinings -- not much more than the 4 corners of the interchange. The Atlanta zip code is based on what post office services it, and also I have heard it was to make it sound more attractive to businesses than Marietta or Smyrna. Since half of Cumberland is ITP, it makes sense. Some of the Cumberland district is in Smyrna (mostly inside the Cumberland Blvd loop), and has a Smyrna address. Also, a little of it has a Marietta address up near Power's Ferry and Windy Hill, though it's still mostly unincorporated up there.

The land values in Cumberland are ridiculous -- acres are in the 2-3 million $ range. I'd suspect that's the main thing that's prevented development since the last wave in the 80s and early 90s was because builders wouldn't want to touch the land unless they were interested in putting a highrise in, and I also think they've been focused on the Lenox area for a while. There's a lot of development planned for the area, though, and it's about to explode and fill in, not quite to the degree we saw around Lenox in Buckhead, but it'll still be impressive, with 4-5 new highrise condos and mixed retail communities. You can read about this on the Wikipedia's Cumberland Article, much of the information on new development I had gathered up and added to it myself and even requested and received rights for the images I added

The future Riverwood 200 in Cumberland

Last edited by netdragon; 02-11-2008 at 01:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta