Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Jakarta VS Bangkok VS Manila
Jakarta 14 15.38%
Bangkok 53 58.24%
Manila 24 26.37%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 07:05 PM

1,002 posts, read 905,851 times

Advertisements

I will tell jakarta more modern city than bangkok and manila or manila more modern than bangkok and jakarta ?, let those who judge .. because jakarta probably still below the 2 cities ? talking about buildings or shopping center I would say Jakarta is one of the best too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Based on my observations:

1. Bangkok
2. Manila
3. Jakarta
Business area of Manila

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsstVH38O7A

Business area of Jakarta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKw0bnrpU9M

Old 01-11-2019, 07:55 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
All three are cool cities.

Take your pick...the Buddhist one, the Catholic one, the Islamic one.

Old 01-12-2019, 06:21 AM

1,117 posts, read 841,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post

Your Jakarta video isn't showing up...

But most of the Manila video doesnt show the business district because the first part is showing the redlight district in Makati. Makati has many parts. Not all of it is the business district.

Here's a better street-level view of the business district in Makati

See how people are actually walking around? None of your Jakarta videos ever show lots of people walking around outside.

Manila has 3 major business districts.

Makati

Credit to Rolen Facundo on Flickr

BGC

Credit to stardex on flickr

And Ortigas

Credit to Justin Uy on Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/rylejustinuy/27729082194/

Old 01-13-2019, 11:40 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
In regards to the Manila/Jakarta debate that rages on city-data. If a person likes Jakarta, they'll definitely like Manila; and vice-versa! I can't recall ever meeting anyone who has been to both cities and said that they only liked one, and not the other.

That being said, Bangkok seems to step-up just a bit more, where I meet plenty of people who are quite content enough just with that city, that they don't venture to the others at all.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:30 PM

1,117 posts, read 841,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
In regards to the Manila/Jakarta debate that rages on city-data. If a person likes Jakarta, they'll definitely like Manila; and vice-versa! I can't recall ever meeting anyone who has been to both cities and said that they only liked one, and not the other.

That being said, Bangkok seems to step-up just a bit more, where I meet plenty of people who are quite content enough just with that city, that they don't venture to the others at all.

People who like to walk around huge indoor malls will like Manila and Jakarta. But if you like outdoor walkable districts, then you'll only like Manila, because Jakarta is lacking those. Jakarta has a better train system though because it has 6 commuter lines, an airport rail link, plus an MRT line opening up this year and another opening up in 2024, plus an LRT line opening up this year and more in the future.

Manila currently has 1 commuter line, 2 LRT lines, 1 MRT line, with another MRT line opening up this year, and 2 subway lines under-construction, opening in 2025.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:50 AM

732 posts, read 779,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
People who like to walk around huge indoor malls will like Manila and Jakarta. But if you like outdoor walkable districts, then you'll only like Manila, because Jakarta is lacking those. Jakarta has a better train system though because it has 6 commuter lines, an airport rail link, plus an MRT line opening up this year and another opening up in 2024, plus an LRT line opening up this year and more in the future.

Manila currently has 1 commuter line, 2 LRT lines, 1 MRT line, with another MRT line opening up this year, and 2 subway lines under-construction, opening in 2025.
Plus a monorail line and NorthRail commuter line and two more landports.

Both are doing great and hopefully can compete if not overtake the other major SEA cities.

Old 01-19-2019, 07:16 PM

732 posts, read 779,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyphuket2009 View Post
I think Bangkok is better Because there are more facilities.

Cr: www.fifa55fm.com
What facilities are you referring to?

Old 01-27-2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
1.Bangkok
2.Manila
3.Jakarta
people who often go to Jakarta and Bangkok they will certainly know the difference

Old 01-31-2019, 02:01 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,159,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post

But, Bangkok is just more pleasant to stroll around in different neighborhoods.

But the fact that Bangkok welcomes tons and tons and tons of foreigners, and is generally quite safe strolling around, certainly makes it most foreigner-friendly city.

Without a doubt! I've been to Manila (my wife is filipino) and Bangkok countless times. I too am an avid walker and Bangkok is the hands down winner for walkability and safety. Nothing wrong with Manila but it doesn't have that "mesmerizing, WOW factor" that Bangkok offers.

Another thing that I enjoy about Bangkok is people leave you alone. I have a tough time in Manila because I'm a 6'4" Caucasian and I get a bit tired of hearing "Hey Joe" greetings that seemingly come every 5 minutes. I get it, Filipinos are just trying to be nice and I can appreciate that but it does get a bit tiring after awhile. Secondly, random Filipino men will yell at my wife wondering why she married a "Kano" and it bothers her.

She now too prefers to visit Thailand over Philippines. In fact, we bring her family over to Thailand every year for a family reunion.

Never been to Jakarta so can't compare and contrast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia