Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2023, 07:29 PM

2,478 posts, read 1,545,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential_Landlord View Post
Hi- considering buying a Model 3 next year. Can you drive directly to Flagstaff on one charge? I know it's only 130 miles but it's up a lot and that's a factor. What's your experience? - Thanks.
The base model will do nearly double that distance. Typically, you stop a couple of times for about fifteen or twenty minutes at super chargers along the way. I don’t know the area, but you can look it up easily. Also, the car will route it for you.

As a side note I have a ‘23 Model 3. Everything is great except for a very stiff suspension and some wind noise. If you have decent roads it feels like riding on glass. Rough roads, however, are not fun. The roof is glass, which is why I think the wind noise is louder than typical. That being said, the tech and battery powered motors are, well, amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2023, 10:43 AM

558 posts, read 970,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Yeah I told my wife a year or two ago we should wait till at least 2025 to replace the Tesla, let things shake out with other EV makers and see what's doing best. I think the BMW i7 is beautiful for instance but who knows if it'll be a problem vehicle or not at this point. She's definitely staying EV though.
I needed to replace my 9yo car and after much consideration I've ordered a BMW i5. It's currently on a ship in the North Atlantic heading to the west coast. It's been compared favorably to the i7 and will probably have less depreciation. 295 miles of range (and BMW is conservative on this), so within range from where I live in Prescott to Flagstaff and even Tucson. BTW, it includes 2 years of free charging at Electrify America DC fast chargers. Luckily, we have an EA charging station in Prescott now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona