Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 10:45 AM

746 posts, read 883,437 times

Advertisements

I live at the same elevation as you and I have artificial grass. It's about 3 years old now and the former owner put it in. She bought the best product for dogs and it doesn't get hot, easy to clean (sweep with a large push broom), never smells of dog waste/urine.

We live in the desert. Water is our most precious resource. Real grass with an automatic sprinkler system is a waste of water. That is the truth for all of you that want what you want. Real grass needs water, chemicals, fertilizer, mowing etc.

When we moved here over 23 years ago, I couldn't get over how many transplants just had to put in grass so it was like "home". I was happy to not have to water it, mow it, fertilize and weed it! Now living in Tucson my yard is all natural desert. In my backyard I have the artificial grass that looks beautiful. NO maintenance at all other than sweeping it.

Please rethink the real grass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2023, 10:58 AM

746 posts, read 883,437 times
I remember your thread from the Tucson forum. Now you're in the Arizona forum a month later looking for someone to tell you what you want to hear I guess.

Please rethink real grass.

If you look at the Arizona forum threads, A LOT of them are about water.

Please rethink real grass!

Old 01-09-2023, 11:26 AM

3,612 posts, read 7,952,923 times
You live in Arizona. We landscape with rock here.

Especially if you have some rather...picky questions about plastics.

Old 01-10-2023, 08:09 AM

441 posts, read 964,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGS4EVER View Post
I remember your thread from the Tucson forum. Now you're in the Arizona forum a month later looking for someone to tell you what you want to hear I guess.

Please rethink real grass.

If you look at the Arizona forum threads, A LOT of them are about water.

Please rethink real grass!
Actually I am on a fact finding mission regarding both types of "green", thought I would just expand the viewing area for more responses to make an informed decision, why this forum is great.

All of my present property is desert scape. Yes water is a consideration, you would never know though as Phoenix and Tucson both keep building these hugh housing projects, probably why folks from other areas don't consider this a problem here.

Not mentioned by me is I am considering a gutter system with water capture for my irrigation. Additionaly a push mower, more organic lawn preparations which are probably availale too vs having a potentially dangerous product for my pets and the environment. If you read all my posts regarding same you would of seen this is a huge concern.

Old 01-11-2023, 06:40 AM

39,125 posts, read 51,378,265 times
Real grass and dogs don't mix on a small lawn at least. Wherever they pee turns to a brown circle in a week or so. On a small patch it doesn't take long to make it polka-dot green.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona