Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2022, 06:06 PM

757 posts, read 837,253 times

Advertisements

There are plenty of real estate choices in the Tucson metro area apart from Oro Valley. There are plenty of outdoor activities especially cycling and hiking. Traffic isn’t as bad as Phoenix. It would be good if someone living in Casa Grande would respond to you. I personally find CG unattractive but that is a matter of taste. I know someone who lives full time in San Tan Valley and he doesn’t care for it.

I would suggest you rent something for the winter over the next couple of years. Before you buy check things out. And don’t forget, water is a huge issue in this region. There will be enough for residential areas but the price is likely to go nuts. Just saying... Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2022, 01:51 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,706,969 times
I lived in Casa Grande when I first moved to AZ. Its much quieter and slower placed, if you're into that. Its not much to look at but its not sprawled out (Phoenix I am looking at you). There are far worse places in AZ. Although CG has seen a spike in crime and is a major stop used for drugs. You are an hour from Phoenix or Tucson if you needed a change of scenery. Money for your house will go further in CG. Phoenix had gotten ridiculous the last 1-2 years. I'd also look in Maricopa and San Tan Valley.

Old 12-13-2023, 09:08 AM

2 posts, read 1,564 times
All of the negative comments are astounding. Casa Grande is a quiet town that has not lost its small town feel. While it doesn’t have all the big box stores, to some people - like me - that is desirable. Anything you could want or want to do, that CG might not offer, is within a half an hour to 45 min drive. We enjoy more affordable housing, less property taxes and less of the typical problems that plague larger cities.

The way I see Casa Grande, is it is a comfortable town. It is a bit stuck between those who desire sensible growth and those who want nothing to change ever.

We learned that you definitely buy your neighborhood in Arizona. If you desire diversity, be advised that it’s rarely found in neighborhoods designed to attract elderly snowbirds in the 55+ range. So be aware of the demographics when you buy.

We drop down to Tucson to ride our e-bikes on their fabulous bike trails. Or go to Phoenix to shop or take in shows or events. We enjoy being in an area accessible to the best AZ has to offer.

Old 12-16-2023, 09:19 AM

409 posts, read 398,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaraXona View Post
All of the negative comments are astounding. Casa Grande is a quiet town that has not lost its small town feel. While it doesn’t have all the big box stores, to some people - like me - that is desirable. Anything you could want or want to do, that CG might not offer, is within a half an hour to 45 min drive. We enjoy more affordable housing, less property taxes and less of the typical problems that plague larger cities.

The way I see Casa Grande, is it is a comfortable town. It is a bit stuck between those who desire sensible growth and those who want nothing to change ever.

We learned that you definitely buy your neighborhood in Arizona. If you desire diversity, be advised that it’s rarely found in neighborhoods designed to attract elderly snowbirds in the 55+ range. So be aware of the demographics when you buy.

We drop down to Tucson to ride our e-bikes on their fabulous bike trails. Or go to Phoenix to shop or take in shows or events. We enjoy being in an area accessible to the best AZ has to offer.
Pinal County has higher property tax rate than Maricopa County.

Old 12-16-2023, 07:34 PM

1,467 posts, read 1,414,990 times
Casa Grande was one of the first communities to sell for 25 cents on the Dollar during the crash. Surprise is like Paris compared to CG.

Old 12-16-2023, 08:19 PM

409 posts, read 398,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
Casa Grande was one of the first communities to sell for 25 cents on the Dollar during the crash. Surprise is like Paris compared to CG.
Yeah and they are just now getting around to finishing some of those abandoned subdivisions from 16 years ago lol

Old 03-29-2024, 07:21 AM

27,336 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Having lived in CG and being a big part of the construction era, up until the crash in 2008, it has its ups and downs like any other city. As of now, there is 2 malls, one which has closed down years ago, and another that they built but it too, has failed. Very few businesses left in that second mall.
And as of now, many new apartments and subdivisions have been built but HOA fees and rules apply to most of those...if you dont mind HOA.
This reply is a bit late but being a former resident there, I can only tell you what it was like up until 3 years ago when I moved away. But having friends still there I do visit with from time to time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona