Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 03:02 PM

3,411 posts, read 4,650,357 times

Advertisements

Who is the libertarian senator candidate running for AZ? We have two moderates running that are status quo.

Old 08-31-2018, 03:06 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,015,366 times
I'm going to throw in my lot with McSally. I knew she was going to win her primary, out in Eastern AZ the big deal, and the one I'm paying more attention to is Wendy Rogers campaign for the 1st Congressional District seat.

Old 08-31-2018, 03:26 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,976,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
That is a cop out...one of them is going to win. I want to have a say in the one wining that is most in line with the direction I want for the state and country. Surely you agree with one more than the other?

I never understood those that cast a meaningless vote for a third party candidate that has no chance of wining, especially when it hurts a candidate that can actually win that they agree with more than the opposing candidate.

I guess we all get to do what we want with our vote.
For low level offices, I agree it makes no sense.

At the presidential level, at least in the past, I used to support the most successful 3rd Party candidate in hopes that one would finally hit 5%, but no luck. Gary Johnson seems unable to get over 3.5% and Jill Stein did even worse.

Now that Arizona is becoming a swing state, my vote actually matters.

Old 08-31-2018, 05:12 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,886,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
For low level offices, I agree it makes no sense.

At the presidential level, at least in the past, I used to support the most successful 3rd Party candidate in hopes that one would finally hit 5%, but no luck. Gary Johnson seems unable to get over 3.5% and Jill Stein did even worse.

Now that Arizona is becoming a swing state, my vote actually matters.

So you'd vote for *either* the Green or the Libertarian candidate? Do you realize their platforms have very little in common?

I've been a Libertarian for decades, and I can't fathom *ever* voting for the Green Party... or the Republicrats or the Demopublicans, for that matter.

Old 08-31-2018, 10:06 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,976,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson520 View Post
So you'd vote for *either* the Green or the Libertarian candidate? Do you realize their platforms have very little in common?

I've been a Libertarian for decades, and I can't fathom *ever* voting for the Green Party... or the Republicrats or the Demopublicans, for that matter.
Neither is going to win. So yes.

If a Green Party candidate could get some air time, awesome. If Gary Johnson could pull it off, super.

Old 08-31-2018, 10:26 PM

2,075 posts, read 1,650,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Over 500,000 voted in the R senate primary. Less than 400,000 voted in the D senate primary. It's not like Ward and Joe voters are going to go with Sinema. I think it is too many votes to make up. Turnout will be higher in November but not that much.
Agreed. Arizona is similar to Texas and the FL Panhandle - the sheer number of conservative voters is not to be underestimated. As for me, I am a moderate who was born and raised in rural AZ. I met McCain long ago in HS. He was great in speaking with teens - RIP.

I think the election of November will be much closer back in Florida in regards to extreme liberalism versus base conservatism. It should be an interesting progression as that date gets closer. But over there the margin is a lot closer albeit still favoring conservative Republicans (in my opinion). Even South FL has a lot of conservative Latin American voters - the Cuban population of Metro Miami.

But Arizona is very much Republican in my opinion as a realist.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:05 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,961,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
Sinemas main problem is that cant bash McSally, who is running hard on the military/first woman combat pilot angle, which many voters out here like seeing in a candidate; she'll have to find some non military dirt on McSally to have any sort of chance to beat her. That Pink Tutu commercial mcSally ran is like a knock out punch, so we'll have to see how she counters that..
Seriously? You think the swing voters of your state are stupid enough to vote for a Republican because she’s been in military combat? The head of her party (who she supports) bashed a military hero for “getting captured”. The “vote for the Republican because he/she was in the military” tactic is dead - horribly maimed by the GW Bush political machine and finished off by Trump. If McSally does get elected and ends up opposing Trump, you can be sure that Trump’s political operators will be the first to spread unfounded rumors disparaging her military service.

Old 09-01-2018, 01:15 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,735,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
Seriously? You think the swing voters of your state are stupid enough to vote for a Republican because she’s been in military combat? The head of her party (who she supports) bashed a military hero for “getting captured”. The “vote for the Republican because he/she was in the military” tactic is dead - horribly maimed by the GW Bush political machine and finished off by Trump. If McSally does get elected and ends up opposing Trump, you can be sure that Trump’s political operators will be the first to spread unfounded rumors disparaging her military service.

If association with the military didn't have an impact in AZ then one of Sinema's first ads would NOT have been one where she touted her brother's service in the Marine Corp.

Old 09-01-2018, 07:23 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,886,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Neither is going to win. So yes.

If a Green Party candidate could get some air time, awesome. If Gary Johnson could pull it off, super.
Well, to each his or her own. I couldn't live with myself if I voted for someone whose platform I do not agree with.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:50 AM

3,411 posts, read 4,650,357 times
I know this is a McSally vs Sinema thread, but will add in the third and fourth party candidates as well.

Adam Kokesh
Libertarian senate candidate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Kokesh

Angela Green
Green party senate candidate

https://www.yeswewillmakeadifference.com/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona