Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 10:03 AM

364 posts, read 620,910 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I would sincerely appreciate a little help. My wife and I are looking for some advice on an area to potentially move to that would run about 10 degree's cooler then Phoenix, but not be a big snow and overcast location. We looked at Prescott, but the stats say it gets 23" of snow a year which would be to much for us. Unfortunately, quick barometric pressure shifts (that come with snow and rain) create a migraine headache problem for us. We would possibly like to stay around the Phoenix region. Is there any place around Phoenix such as a distant suburb that runs cooler then the city? Thank you very much in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 10:42 AM

3,411 posts, read 4,667,057 times
The stats of 23" in Prescott annually isn't accurate on CD. The most snow the area gets is about 2" which melts by the afternoon.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:02 AM

6,321 posts, read 7,093,836 times
We ended up outside of Tucson. Anymore it is a suburb of Phoenix.

It is cooler than Phoenix. It does rain more in Tucson than our place in Washington state!! Not sure what happens to the barometer when it rains in Tucson. That is a interesting question.

You might want to call the National Weather Service and ask to speak to one of their weatherpersons. They are helpful individuals. They could probably answer your barometer question.

Last winter we did not get any rain of note. A few winters ago it did snow for a morning.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:22 AM

364 posts, read 620,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
We ended up outside of Tucson. Anymore it is a suburb of Phoenix.

It is cooler than Phoenix. It does rain more in Tucson than our place in Washington state!! Not sure what happens to the barometer when it rains in Tucson. That is a interesting question.

You might want to call the National Weather Service and ask to speak to one of their weatherpersons. They are helpful individuals. They could probably answer your barometer question.

Last winter we did not get any rain of note. A few winters ago it did snow for a morning.

Thank you for the responses. About how much rain a year do you average where you are at?

Old 05-14-2016, 11:36 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,088,380 times
new river or black canyon city north of phoenix..

Wickenburg NW of phoenix.

Old 05-15-2016, 12:01 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,964,190 times
Try Catalina, AZ, elevation is 3,123 ft. Rain difference is minimal at best compared with Phoenix.

Old 05-15-2016, 12:43 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,859,004 times
Tucson

Old 05-15-2016, 05:01 AM

4,620 posts, read 6,429,708 times
"Last winter we did not get any rain of note"....but winter is not "the" rainy season in the Tucson area...summer is with the arrival of the monsoon season. Data shows about 11"-12" average annual rainfall. monthly data. NOAA

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 05-15-2016, 07:52 AM

9,603 posts, read 31,772,951 times
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all just "dial in" to Mother Nature our weather preferences / must haves? Obviously, that probably is just "ain't gonna happen" any time soon.

About 15 plus years ago when I was researching the Perfect Place To Live, I opted with Tucson for a number of reasons, however, Near Perfect Weather and as Bug Free as possible were right up there at the top.

If one can make it from the Fourth of July until Labor Day, the weather period known as the Monsoon Season . . . the rest is a Piece Of Cake. There will always be some Hypochondriac out there that has determined some weather condition is upsetting their allergies and/or ailments but that exists EVERYWHERE.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH . . .

Last edited by Bummer; 05-15-2016 at 08:02 AM..

Old 05-15-2016, 08:05 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,634,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all just "dial in" to Mother Nature our weather preferences / must haves? Obviously, that probably is just "ain't gonna happen" any time soon.

About 15 plus years ago when I was researching the Perfect Place To Live, I opted with Tucson for a number of reasons, however, Near Perfect Weather and as Bug Free as possible were right up there at the top.

If one can make it from the Fourth of July until Labor Day, the weather period known as the Monsoon Season . . . the rest is a Piece Of Cake. There will always be some Hypochondriac out there that has determined some weather condition is upsetting their allergies and/or ailments but that exists EVERYWHERE.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona