Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2023, 08:57 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,426,662 times

Advertisements

I was about to purchase a multi strain probiotic,to cover all bases...and I heard about a product called SuperGut that claims that you cannot just throw probiotics aimlessly into your system,that you need to feed your system prebiotics to be able to adapt itself to your individual system.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2023, 05:34 PM

547 posts, read 326,311 times
my mantra

1. eat the bugs - food probiotics and a capsule of bacillus coagulans per day (bacillus coagulans is incredible)

2. feed the bugs -- this is the all important fiber. best to get a variety of fibers as different bugs eat different fibers

3. protect the bugs - no fried foods, no fake sugar, no nsaid, no pharma, no booze

once get gut running optimum, can cheat on the food a little

Old 08-02-2023, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheka View Post

1. eat the bugs - food probiotics and a capsule of bacillus coagulans per day (bacillus coagulans is incredible)

2. feed the bugs -- this is the all important fiber. best to get a variety of fibers as different bugs eat different fibers

3. protect the bugs - no fried foods, no fake sugar, no nsaid, no pharma, no booze

once get gut running optimum, can cheat on the food a little

Upon further investigation that is the conclusion I've come to...the only thing out of those I do is foods,no alcohol or meds.

Old 08-02-2023, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Upon further investigation that is the conclusion I've come to...the only thing out of those I do is foods,no alcohol or meds.

fried foods are the number one gut killer. cut them out for a month or two. gluten is another one to consider dumping while you are building your gut health. after you are humming along good, can cheat some with the frieds or glutens

Old 08-02-2023, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheka View Post
fried foods are the number one gut killer. cut them out for a month or two. gluten is another one to consider dumping while you are building your gut health. after you are humming along good, can cheat some with the frieds or glutens

Ahh that figures,I had some fried flounder today and once again felt some symptoms...I don't often eat fried foods though. I also had been thinking that perhaps I had gluten sensitivity,since I traced some symptoms back to when I'd eat cookies etc. I've been avoiding bread for about a year now,but so many things contain gluten now...even chips. I don't eat clean all the time but I have been working on it,plus avoiding offending foods and just making them an occasional treat now rather than a regular thing.

Old 08-03-2023, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Ahh that figures,I had some fried flounder today and once again felt some symptoms...I don't often eat fried foods though. I also had been thinking that perhaps I had gluten sensitivity,since I traced some symptoms back to when I'd eat cookies etc. I've been avoiding bread for about a year now,but so many things contain gluten now...even chips. I don't eat clean all the time but I have been working on it,plus avoiding offending foods and just making them an occasional treat now rather than a regular thing.

fried flounder is worth a cheat! amazing stuff

the oils eat holes in our small intestine walls. this lets bad stuff into our bloodstream -- then we are off to the disease races. commonly called leaky gut -- it's pervasive with our modern diets

follow the leaky gut protocol to patch it up. think i posted it on one of your threads
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine