Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 06:58 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,054,901 times

Advertisements

BUT BUT I Love mushroom pizza !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2019, 06:02 PM

12,031 posts, read 6,563,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
The allergist told me that Alternaria is one of the most allergenic molds and thrives on various types of vegetation, including the black rot (pin pricks) you see on tomatoes. They said to just never cut out the black dot; throw the whole thing away. The mold gets into the tomato and spreads throughout it, so never eat it. This may not occur in cooked tomatoes, just fresh, not sure.
Good info as we are big gardeners and eat a lot of fruit and veggies from our garden. I don’t remember seeing black dots on my tomatoes, but I will start looking now. Did she say what kind of reaction happens with eating that mold?

Old 09-29-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I find that every afternoon around 4 pm my symptoms get very bad - choking sensation with mucus at the back of the throat, a lot of clearing, a lot of coughing. I drink a lot of hot water and that seems to helps. Everything calms down after an hour or so.

Anybody else have this experience?
Yes, same experience. But it’s around 1pm every afternoon especially if I lay down to read or rest. Violently cough up a lot of thick mucus from down in throat all at once for 30-45 minutes, and then it settles down. I’ve been suspecting it just builds up all morning, and then needs to drain around the same time everyday. But it’s such thickened mucus it creates a lot more drama.....

Old 09-30-2019, 11:53 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,054,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Good info as we are big gardeners and eat a lot of fruit and veggies from our garden. I don’t remember seeing black dots on my tomatoes, but I will start looking now. Did she say what kind of reaction happens with eating that mold?
Allergies affect people in different ways. For me it's congestion. I wish I could cut off my head. Some sneezing but not much. Headache, yes, big time. It may affect you differently than me.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
Allergies affect people in different ways. For me it's congestion. I wish I could cut off my head. Some sneezing but not much. Headache, yes, big time. It may affect you differently than me.
Same here. Never any sneezing— just really inflamed nose, throat, ears, eyes, headache from congestion.
And sometimes blood drains into back of throat and I cough up a bunch of blood. Really really really hate that.
It really rained today....and I can finally go outside and am breathing so much better.

(BTW-Checked all my tomatoes for black spots today!)

Old 12-14-2020, 05:36 AM

1 posts, read 437 times
Grape seed extract huh? How do you take it? How much? Where can I get it? Thanks for any information.

Old 12-26-2020, 03:35 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davem60 View Post
Grape seed extract huh? How do you take it? How much? Where can I get it? Thanks for any information.
Yes, Grape Seed Extract all the way, and most do well on 200mg daily, but it also depends on bodyweight, and it's sold just about everywhere.. I've talked about it here on C-D from day 1 when I came here and continue to...

Just know if one is on a pharma blood thinner then caution, should NOT take both...they both thin the blood, and Grape Seed Ex, cleans the blood.

Old 12-27-2020, 04:40 PM

17,548 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post

Just know if one is on a pharma blood thinner then caution, should NOT take both...they both thin the blood, and Grape Seed Ex, cleans the blood.

Only the Liver and Kidneys "clean the blood" https://www.reference.com/science/organ-cleans-blood-ab3fbcf89ed4ff4d
I guess I should add dialysis!!!!!!

As for rhinitis, I take Nasocort, 2 sprays a day and generic Zyrtec

Old 12-29-2020, 08:31 PM

445 posts, read 413,577 times
Anyone else use xyzal? I've been on that for a few months with good results. Once in the AM. Previously, I was on Zyrtec-D and its effectiveness was so-so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies