Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 04:12 PM

28 posts, read 107,297 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: no adsI would look for someone who does acupuncture and had experience with it and allergies.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-06-2013 at 10:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 04:49 PM

8 posts, read 12,068 times
You must see an allergist or try things single foods on an empty stomach as a test, I am allergic to just about all tropical foods, corn and cilantro. Have benedryl handy

Old 02-13-2014, 09:08 AM

566 posts, read 1,108,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anttown8s View Post
You must see an allergist or try things single foods on an empty stomach as a test, I am allergic to just about all tropical foods, corn and cilantro. Have benedryl handy
Very good suggestion. Testing!

I have read some raw bee products gathered locally can be beneficial. Clean filtered air. And tons of onions. Best of health to you!

Old 07-28-2020, 08:39 PM

5 posts, read 2,070 times
As other people have suggested, the first starting point is to do an allergy test and find out which allergies you may suffer from. Specifically, food allergies, as someone mentioned, can magnify allergic reactions. If you suffer from grain allergies and you are eating these and then there's pollen in the air, it will no doubt make things worse as the body will already be fighting another reaction. Linked to digestion and the effective absorption of minerals and vitamins, irritated intestinal linings can also mean that body struggles to get the right balance to manage its defences, so I've seen probiotics mentioned many times as a starting point.

You mention quercetin, it's something it's something I've taken many times myself in the past. The only thing to note is that it has a short half life, so after two hours you may see a reduction in its benefits. You should obviously take antihistamines regularly and in some cases, you may need to try different types until you find one that works for you. There are loads of other natural antihistamines that are often promoted including vitamin c.

I've taken allergy shots and they do help, but you are limited to how often you can take these as they can cause bone thining. I would say they reduce the effects of my allergy by 20-35% but no more.

I've also used a salt rinse aid before bed and after bed to help when things are especially bad.
If you travel by car, air conditioning can help as it will filter out pollen.

Old 07-29-2020, 09:11 AM

22,666 posts, read 24,627,441 times
I have read that improving your microbiome may be one of the main ways to lessen
or eliminate allergies.

Old 07-29-2020, 11:37 AM

26,658 posts, read 28,724,063 times
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6273625/

I saw quercetin mentioned in post #14 and would like to know more. I'll be looking for more information but just found this so will plunk in in here. There's a lot more information in the actual article.

Quercetin is known for its antioxidant activity in radical scavenging and anti-allergic properties characterized by stimulation of immune system, antiviral activity, inhibition of histamine release, decrease in pro-inflammatory cytokines, leukotrienes creation, and suppresses interleukin IL-4 production.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies