Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 06:08 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtgirl View Post
So funny story... I got an email today asking me why I wasn't on my flight Friday. If you're wondering "what flight?", then we're in the same boat!

AmeriCorps booked me a ticket before I could have possibly been ready to leave (I have a lot of things to ship back) and then never bothered to tell me they booked me a ticket, and are now giving me grief about it.

I met with the guy at UAF and it wasn't as productive as I'd hoped. And now given the flak I'm getting from HemmrhoidCorps, I think it's best I get my ass back on a plane for home before they leave me stranded here for good (not that it would be such a bad thing).

But never fear! Now that I've drank the water, I'm surely infected with this strange longing to poop while perched on blue foam and eat the driving forces of Santa's sleigh. It's been a hell of a ride, Fairbanks, but you didn't beat me.

I will be back, and next time it will be for certain.

You were wise to ditch AmeriCorps. You'll be back, hang in there. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 06:16 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,515,104 times
That is funny. Booking you a plane ticket without telling you... WOW!

Sorry it didn't work out for you to stay! Hope you get to go back.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:40 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,875,072 times
Default So sorry but you gotta do what you have to do..

Quote:
So funny story... I got an email today asking me why I wasn't on my flight Friday. If you're wondering "what flight?", then we're in the same boat!

AmeriCorps booked me a ticket before I could have possibly been ready to leave (I have a lot of things to ship back) and then never bothered to tell me they booked me a ticket, and are now giving me grief about it.

I met with the guy at UAF and it wasn't as productive as I'd hoped. And now given the flak I'm getting from HemmrhoidCorps, I think it's best I get my ass back on a plane for home before they leave me stranded here for good (not that it would be such a bad thing).

But never fear! Now that I've drank the water, I'm surely infected with this strange longing to poop while perched on blue foam and eat the driving forces of Santa's sleigh. It's been a hell of a ride, Fairbanks, but you didn't beat me.

I will be back, and next time it will be for certain.
I certainly hope you do get back... I will be somewhere in Alaska in the summer of 2012 and you will just have to come and visit.. (more details to follow LOL)

Old 09-14-2011, 06:59 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,429,236 times
Did anyone hear....did she make it home to Michigan yet??

Update; went down to Michigan forum..she had posted there yesterday...so ????

Old 09-14-2011, 09:35 PM

413 posts, read 937,778 times
I'm still in Fairbanks. I just can't get enough of this place!

So the lady I've been working with at AmeriCorps was suppose to buy my ticket on Monday for tonight, and evidently doesn't understand that when I say "yes, I want a ticket for Wednesday," that really means I want a ticket for Wednesday!

Today I got sick of trying to go through AmeriCorps and I called the travel agency directly. The said "you don't have a ticket for tonight! You had a ticket for Monday night though." So this is the first I've heard about having a ticket for Monday night... Last I knew I had one for Friday.

But! Later this afternoon, they finally got all their ducks in a row, and I'm flying out in about 2 hours, and due back in Michigan at 9.30 am local time. I'm sad to go! But hopefully soon I'll be back. It was a nice vacation, at least.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:50 PM

437 posts, read 815,298 times
Yes, I am, in 3 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Weren't you coming up here for an art show this month?

Old 09-15-2011, 01:17 AM

413 posts, read 937,778 times
Well I thought I was leaving. Plane has been delayed 3 hours, and they kicked us off the plane and made us take all our stuff. Mechanical problems. I'm beginning to think I'm never going to make it back.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:35 AM

3,328 posts, read 2,268,331 times
Quote:
Well I thought I was leaving. Plane has been delayed 3 hours, and they kicked us off the plane and made us take all our stuff. Mechanical problems. I'm beginning to think I'm never going to make it back.
You certainly have had a time of it. Hope when you finally get going, you can get some sleep on the flight.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:36 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,560,763 times
Quote:
Well did you think maybe Alaska didn't want you to leave?

Anyway, have a good flight home!

Old 09-15-2011, 06:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,388 times
As a avid book reader, I fancy myself as somewhat of an expert on quality literature. Your introduction had some incorrect grammar. and you switched tenses a lot

<a href="http://afterschoolclubideas.co.uk/">after school club ideas</a>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska