Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 01:09 PM

1,075 posts, read 4,311,850 times

Advertisements

The local potato pizza here has a really good, crunchy, yeasty crust where they throw a little of yesterday's dough with the new. Then I think they drizzle with olive oil, add their 4-cheese mix, (mozza, edam and two others that I don't know), paper-thin slices of potatos, not sure what kind they use. Thin slices of white onion, fresh rosemary, roasted garlic and feta sprinkled around. So good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 03:17 PM

1,055 posts, read 1,869,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
nasty in yuck....it could be the type of potato they use also being a diabetic...carb ontop of carb not good! Blackened Halibut pizza sounded gross until I tried it!....kinda like Smoked Salmon Alfrado w/cappers...some absolutely love it and others think it is gross, I love it.
It might be a regional difference also Blue. Potato (different versions) pizza and taco pizzas can vary so much in northern MN that I finally stopped trying them. Hidious! I have even seen (German) potato pizza, gobs of potato with sourqraut (sp?). After reading the list for the halibut pizza, I suspect it probably is rather good. Now if I could only make blackened halibut without ruining it perhaps I would try it!

Old 09-07-2011, 03:24 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,522,496 times
New Challenge for Freezengirl! I know you can do it!

Old 09-07-2011, 04:00 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,740,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezengirl View Post
It might be a regional difference also Blue. Potato (different versions) pizza and taco pizzas can vary so much in northern MN that I finally stopped trying them. Hidious! I have even seen (German) potato pizza, gobs of potato with sourqraut (sp?). After reading the list for the halibut pizza, I suspect it probably is rather good. Now if I could only make blackened halibut without ruining it perhaps I would try it!
only if you have a cast iron skillet, one hell of a vent fan in the kitchen or are doing it outside! smokes the hell out of the house!....I have all the recipes for making Cajun rubs from when I was first line day chef at a Cajun Restaurant!! anything blackened is yummy in my book! husband hates it!

Old 09-11-2011, 01:55 AM

178 posts, read 250,869 times
As a born and bred New Yorker . . . Some of the things that you guys do to a pizza should be considered criminal!

Nikki

Old 09-11-2011, 05:36 AM

164 posts, read 282,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiV View Post
As a born and bred New Yorker . . . Some of the things that you guys do to a pizza should be considered criminal!

Nikki
Lol...there are certainly a lot of choices nowadays. I just tried a cheesesteak pizza the other night...thin slices of seasoned grilled steak, roasted red peppers, caramelized onions and garlic, a blend of mozzarella and jack with a sprinkle of gorgonzola, and then a drizzle of horseradish sauce on top...it was DELICIOUS.

Now I want to order pizza again tonight.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:43 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,133,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiV View Post

Nikki
Actually, as a born & bred New Yorker, I moved away and found out that New York's pizza isn't any better than anywhere else.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:50 AM

178 posts, read 250,869 times
Blasphemer!!!!

Nikki

Old 09-11-2011, 01:40 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,848,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Actually, as a born & bred New Yorker, I moved away and found out that New York's pizza isn't any better than anywhere else.
Finally, someone admits it! Oh halleluiah! Seriously, there is a pizza shop in Asheville (30 minutes from me) run by two guys from Brooklyn that is 100x better than anything I've had in Manhattan or Brooklyn. When I came back and told him that, he grinned bigger than I thought he was capable of. Also, the REAL Pizzeria Regina in the North End of Boston is phenomenal, if you can wait outside for that long. This is a great thread for me; pizza is my favorite food! Not the healthiest favorite food to have, though...

But I disagree with the three F's. If I'm being a nit-picker, any pizza with tomato sauce on it has fruit on it. Pineapple works well sometimes. And I do like chicken on a pizza, but it has to be good chicken, not Tyson-esque crap. Blackened halibut pizza is something I would love to make, but if you think halibut prices are high in Alaska, my god you should see them here. Unaffordable for me, or anyone who isn't pretty wealthy.

And blue, someone mentioned your profile pic, and I think I can name where it is, which makes me happy. Is it at Archangel Valley? It looks just like Nephler's pictures of that spot to me. Of course now I'll find out I'm completely wrong...

Old 09-11-2011, 02:21 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,740,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
And blue, someone mentioned your profile pic, and I think I can name where it is, which makes me happy. Is it at Archangel Valley? It looks just like Nephler's pictures of that spot to me. Of course now I'll find out I'm completely wrong...
you are correct and Nephler and I were hiking together that day he took my photo with my camera and I did the same for him!~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska