Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 08:57 AM

1 posts, read 28,533 times

Advertisements

so it is on the fourth weekend this month with is the 26 to the 28
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 07:39 AM

2 posts, read 45,461 times
THE FOOTWASH IS HELD in SEPTEMBER OF EVERY YEAR. THIS YEAR IT WILL BE HELD ON THE 25 OF SEPTEMBER UNTIL THE 28. IT IS HELD IN MARENGO COUNTY AND PERRY COUNTY. IF U NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE WRITE ME AT Bobcats50@Yahoo.com

Old 09-11-2008, 10:53 PM
pba

410 posts, read 917,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mz.Timmons View Post
Hi, I have heard alot about the Alabama Footwash and would like to go.My friends and I are palnning a trip there from Cleveland, Oh.
I was wondering if anyone can please give me insight of exactly the location and the dates. Thanks so much!!!

~Toya
Whoa, you're gonna have to explain that one to this California kid!

Old 09-12-2008, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 28,499 times
The Footwash is Sept 25-28,2008 on the FOOTWASH RD in Faunsdale, AL; so many people think it is uniontown however it is locate between Uniontown; but is actually in Faunsdale. THe near motels are in Demopolis, AL approximately 15-20 miles or Selma, AL approximately 35-38 miles. Greensboro have a motel (however it isn't nice) If you have a camper to sleep in or what to be a vendor please contact Mr. W Coleman

The footwash is a nice festival; we have security guards who actually cops somewhere patrol the areas. It is alot of fun; I won't recommend a child being present in day or night (only adult eyes should see what walking around). Be careful going in and out the police cant touch on the ground however they dont a great deal of busting when the footwash is over....

Old 09-13-2008, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 28,536 times
I have not missed a year of the footwash since I turned 13 and I am 22 now, MY unlce has been selling chicago style polish sausages at the foot wash for going on 37 years. I footwash was started as a spiritual event and there was at one point in time where the people would get together and have a foot washing event. Now the foot wash is something a little more and it is nothing but fun. No police allowed on the private property, all the liquior that you want, smoking, powder, powder, pills,sex, and what ever else u may want is at the footwash. Now getting to the footwash from birmingham is go like your are going to tuscaloosa and take the west blockton centerville exit, soon as you get off the free way go to the left, go down to u see a sign that says bibb county, and make another left, from there I always get crossed up, but all u have to due is ask which turn is to the dirt road for the footwash every one knows about it...............Have fun and if you come to TRAVIS CHICAGO STYLE POLISH AND ASK FOR LESHA I WILL GIVE U A FREE DRINK WHILE SUPPLIES LAST......BUT KEEP IN MIND THAT MY UNCLE HAS BEEN GOING DOWN THERE FOR YEARS AND THE CLOSEST CITY TO UNIONTOWN IS SELMA SO WE RUN OUT FAST.......IS THAT ENOUGHT INFO FOR U? HIT ME UP AND LET ME KNOW.....

Old 09-19-2008, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 28,300 times
Default Footwash

I am trying to find out about the footwash. I will be attending next weekend traveling from MO. What goes on at the festival. any info that I can get will be appreciated

Old 09-19-2008, 08:21 PM

24 posts, read 164,770 times
you should probably post this in the general Alabama area since this event is down near tuscaloosa, in lauderdale county, I think.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I have heard of the event. I can tell you that it used to be a religious ceremony with footwashing-actual washing of the feet- taking place in a river, I am pretty sure to symbolize baptismal in the river (my great grandmother's church in the country would have footwashings from time to time to reaffirm their committment to christ). THe Footwash you are probably referring to has a long history, but has been a pretty commercial event for the last few years. You will find vendors, t-shirts, food, etc. but I hear people who go generally enjoy the event.

Old 09-20-2008, 06:04 AM

1 posts, read 28,260 times
The footwash is next weekend in Funsdale. THINGS HAVE REALLY CHANGED. It is not the came as it was several years ago. There are the pole dancers, and things happening that you just won't believe. Make sure that this is the enviornment that you want to be in for a couple of day

Old 09-20-2008, 09:23 AM

6,048 posts, read 18,415,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pba View Post
Whoa, you're gonna have to explain that one to this California kid!
From what I understand, it's kind of like Burning Man but in Alabama.
And it's Faunsdale, not Funsdale. But I like your variation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltagirl74 View Post
you should probably post this in the general Alabama area since this event is down near tuscaloosa, in lauderdale county, I think.
Faunsdale is in Marengo County, not Lauderdale (which is the most northwest county in the state - Florence is the county seat). It is a good bit south of Tuscaloosa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltagirl74 View Post
I'm not an expert by any means, but I have heard of the event. I can tell you that it used to be a religious ceremony with footwashing-actual washing of the feet- taking place in a river, I am pretty sure to symbolize baptismal in the river...
Footwashing is what Jesus did for his disciples at the Last Supper. He did this to demonstrate that Christians should humbly serve each other and other people. From what little I've heard, "Footwash" now has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity, humbleness, nor service.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 27,820 times
Default Footwash

The footwash is held every year in uniontown alabama on the 4th weekend of september starting on that friday thru sunday. Uniontown is off of highway 20 and is the 1st exit when u reach alabama exit #1 from mississippi and the closest city would proply be in meridian mississippi that i know of. My fiances family is from alabama and go every year and this year will be my first time going
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama