Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 09:09 AM

5,014 posts, read 7,405,115 times

Advertisements

Progress-- received an email today from Heather Truberg (NYCDOHMH Office of Vital Records) saying they are processing my application and need me to send a new check. Will get on it today. Two weeks short of a year since I sent the application. Guess I'm lucky they aren't shutting down again with this latest surge (maybe I shouldn't speak too soon!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2021, 12:22 PM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Good luck and please keep us posted!

Old 01-11-2021, 01:24 PM

82 posts, read 78,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
Progress-- received an email today from Heather Truberg (NYCDOHMH Office of Vital Records) saying they are processing my application and need me to send a new check. Will get on it today. Two weeks short of a year since I sent the application. Guess I'm lucky they aren't shutting down again with this latest surge (maybe I shouldn't speak too soon!)
That's great news. I hope you have better luck than I did.

I received the same exact email from that lying twit back in October. She also told me she would be working on my application. Weeks later she denied what she wrote in previous emails. Blamed "covid."

Three months later and my check still hasn't cleared. It will be one year next week. I guess getting paid to sit at home and watch "The Price Is Right" beats doing your job.

Again, I hope you have better luck than I did. Please post back here if your new check actually gets deposited (which is where the 14-16 week processing time will begin).

Old 01-11-2021, 07:50 PM

I'm not that hopeful but this is at least confirmation that my application was received, opened, and not lost in the shuffle (which I wasn't sure of) and that they have my correct contact information. "Baby steps." I hope you hear something soon.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:26 AM

You guys couldn't send credit card payment to make it go faster?

Old 01-12-2021, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
That wasn't presented as an option.

Old 01-12-2021, 02:53 PM

82 posts, read 78,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
In January 2020, when NYC first started accepting applications, the only option was my mail. This required a notarized form and payment by check.

Months later (I noticed in July or August) they allowed online applications through VitalCheck. Same $15 cost plus an $8.00 online processing fee. I kept my original application and also did one through VitalCheck.

When NYC contacted me in October I was told they were processing my paper application from January. I asked about the online submission. They told me that everything was processed in order and the online items were handled through a different process. The online submission was at the "bottom on the pile" and would take months longer to get to.

NY State had online submissions from the start with credit card payments as an option. I know of many people who received their OBC through NYS months ago. Somehow, the state can get it done but NYC cannot.

Old 01-19-2021, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joef279 View Post
In January 2020, when NYC first started accepting applications, the only option was my mail. This required a notarized form and payment by check.

Months later (I noticed in July or August) they allowed online applications through VitalCheck. Same $15 cost plus an $8.00 online processing fee. I kept my original application and also did one through VitalCheck.

When NYC contacted me in October I was told they were processing my paper application from January. I asked about the online submission. They told me that everything was processed in order and the online items were handled through a different process. The online submission was at the "bottom on the pile" and would take months longer to get to.

NY State had online submissions from the start with credit card payments as an option. I know of many people who received their OBC through NYS months ago. Somehow, the state can get it done but NYC cannot.
NYC is always a mess. I wouldn't expect different for this.

I guess I should have said, it would go a lot faster and would probably be easier for them if they could take your credit card over the phone to replace that out of date check because I don't see how they're going to match your new check with your app that's in progress unless they're using a separate PO box just to replace checks for apps in progress.

It still blows my mind that they finally passed it. I honestly thought it would never happen. Florida is the next state I'd like to see do it.

Old 02-05-2021, 09:20 AM

Got another email update from the same person at NYCDOHMH saying the following:

”I just wanted to let you know that we have your documentation and check here to process and will continue to do so. You will receive an email with an order number when one is assigned to you but please allow another 8+ weeks to have everything completed. We will get them out as soon as we can.”

I wonder what the order number is for?

Old 02-07-2021, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
Got another email update from the same person at NYCDOHMH saying the following:

”I just wanted to let you know that we have your documentation and check here to process and will continue to do so. You will receive an email with an order number when one is assigned to you but please allow another 8+ weeks to have everything completed. We will get them out as soon as we can.”

I wonder what the order number is for?
Well that's promising that they matched your replacement check with your app so that means they open mail as it comes.

Did you have to put anything on the outside such as attention so and so? Taking a credit card over the phone would have saved so much time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption