Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Adoption
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2013, 01:28 PM

8,954 posts, read 4,271,054 times

Advertisements

This is a discussion forum where everyone is entitled to an opinion and it doesn't have to be yours. Be polite especially when you believe your opponent must be crazy for thinking the way they do. Question what they post, not who they are.

There is no personal agenda here. Your posts will be edited or deleted and infractions issued for personal remarks towards other members regardless of who you are and what your opinions are.

Thank you

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 01-28-2013 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: correct spelling...

Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,271,054 times
From all the DMs I'm receiving, I guess you should all be aware by now that I'm not going to favor any one group here. I moderate posts, not people or opinions. As long as you are respective towards each other, all views are welcome.

As for some general information: infractions for the same offense will vary based on your previous posting history. If it's your first time, you get 1 point for 3 days, second offense - 2 points for 3 days (which will also suspend your posting ability). Next offenses - you will be restricted from posting for a week up to a month, then temporarily banned for a week, a fortnight, a month and finally, if nothing else works, you will be permanently banned.

At any time you can up your score by creating a dupe account or abusing the report system or my inbox telling me that if you were infracted, your opponent also needs to be punished. Or, you can finally start behaving the way we want our members to do and stop receiving infractions. The choice is always yours.

Also, please don't be discouraged if you lose a post with the reason stating "orphaned" or "off topic." If they aren't followed by an infraction, it just means that you were unintentionally caught up in a streak of bad posts initiated by someone else. There's a difference between that and engaging in a pointless back and forth with someone you disagree with and I can see that difference pretty clearly.

Please, stop flooding my inbox with complaints or requests to explain each and every action I take. I don't have time to reply to all the messages, nor am I inclined to negotiate our terms of service with you.

If you strongly disagree with my decision, you're always welcome to message Yac or our Administrator with a complaint against me. I'd suggest you should take a look around first to see, if an accusation of my bias has any merit here, though.