Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 10:10 PM

80 posts, read 76,700 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have a big peak of work. Im talking from Office Im alone started at 5.30 am I have a big report im working now that I automated so I can talk because Im running macros downloading from SAP APO master data. I have a backup report I have to do before 8.30 am and check automations are executing on another pc through tasks scheduler. I started 5.30 because macros downloading from SAP take my id and pass and at 7.00 I have scheduled a full automated report out of stock for Italy and my SAP need to be free from my pc to execute oos in the other pc. Yesterday I had a request to create a macro for Monday for another colleague because he cant, I received this very late afternoon but is imposible because backup, inventory composition which is big report im running now, automations running for digitalization later on the day and on Monday I put on live a logistics report I reworked including automation. How can I develop a new automation in less than 2 hours? Any ideas how yo polite day I need more time? On top I also need to rework another automation today. Dont want to be escalated again. I have to leave, master data finished downloading
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2024, 08:08 AM

2,116 posts, read 1,320,732 times
OP, I feel your pain. I don't understand much about IT. From what you describe what you have to do, I believe that's tooooooooo much. Such workloads are unbearable. They will damage your health soon. Look for job somewhere else if you can, immediately.

I'm in the health care, in the recent years, the owner/president/CEO (all in one position) has been cutting back workers from VP to every department (administration, nursing, housekeeping, laundry, food services) and increase work/duties to everyone. Many people have been wearing out, getting injured, going on WCB, calling in sick a lot. Lots of employees don't really care about doing good job, going above and beyond anymore. There may still be a few who care, but they eventually have to take more work from the ones who resign, call in sick... then they get burnt out, and they feel they are stupid, the more they care, the more they can do things, the more the management give them more work without more pay. Who would want to do that? People are looking for job somewhere else left and right. If they could find somewhere else, they would jump constantly. Whoever cannot find job somewhere else, just do whatever they have to do, not more than what they want to or can do. It's very sad and bad.

Old 03-12-2024, 12:47 PM

50,343 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Move on. They are not treating you well, so find a new & better job.
I agree. Life is short, and balance is important.

My grandson has just pulled the trigger on his job, for basically the same reason. He got the job he wanted, right out of college, at a certain medical software company that is known to work its employees 80 hours a week, never firing anyone, and not allowing remote work. He got a few promotions and a lot of good experience, but he is moving back with the parentals in April, until he gets another job.

He’s single, in a state where he didn’t know anyone, and had no opportunities to meet any friends. He needs to hit the reset button.

Old 03-12-2024, 01:12 PM

142 posts, read 84,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I agree. Life is short, and balance is important.

My grandson has just pulled the trigger on his job, for basically the same reason. He got the job he wanted, right out of college, at a certain medical software company that is known to work its employees 80 hours a week, never firing anyone, and not allowing remote work. He got a few promotions and a lot of good experience, but he is moving back with the parentals in April, until he gets another job.

He’s single, in a state where he didn’t know anyone, and had no opportunities to meet any friends. He needs to hit the reset button.
I don't blame him for quitting, but moving back home with Mom and Dad as an adult? I'd rather live under a bridge.

Old 03-12-2024, 01:27 PM

50,343 posts, read 63,918,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangchin213 View Post
I don't blame him for quitting, but moving back home with Mom and Dad as an adult? I'd rather live under a bridge.
Oh, haha. It won’t be for long. He only wants to find a job in Cincinnati, where he went to school, and he has friends. Mom and Dad are encouraging him to widen his range, and after a few weeks he’ll start seeing it their way.

Old 03-14-2024, 06:21 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,266,455 times
Leave.

Organizations like this will never change.

Old 03-14-2024, 11:17 AM

24,488 posts, read 10,815,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangchin213 View Post
That is an easy comment to throw in. Reality may look different.

Old 03-14-2024, 11:19 AM

24,488 posts, read 10,815,620 times
OP seems to come to CD to vent but never does anything.

Old 03-16-2024, 05:18 AM

80 posts, read 76,700 times
Thank you all for suggestions, I updated my CV and I started applying for jobs at regional level. Currently Im on 2 years and 7 months working in this position.

Old 03-16-2024, 08:00 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,232,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking_for_hope View Post
Hi,

You're in a hopeless situation. Find a new job. Even if it's only a transitional job until something better comes along.

The company is milking you to make up for the manpower shortage. They think maybe they'll get lucky if you become a dedicated superstar who can take up the slack by giving them your entire life for 1/3 the cost of the lost manpower.

And -- they'll use you up and throw you away when they find somebody new.

Leave now, while they still give you a good reference.

Leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment