Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 05:33 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,245,661 times

Advertisements

BroncaGirl....Question. Since you drive the roads a lot. Is there a time of day when the highways aren't as bad?? Early am...Late afternoons...any time you think is safer to drive on hwy 2 into Williston from the East??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 06:28 PM

941 posts, read 1,916,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncogirl View Post
It's great that my church is able to let some people stay there in the building and outside. Somewhat safer than just parking anywhere and safer than some of the truck stop areas around, I do believe that mucho much. I don't know if that is where your parking, but my pastor is trying to work with other churches to get them to help out in that respect also. You certainly have some great weather to be out in, looks like it's going to stay that way. Do you need some hotspots for internet?
That is awesome, love to read of someone helping and opening their doors to people!!

Scorpio, glad all is well with you there. My husband didn't make it to the Weatherford, after all my hard work LOl!! He got caught up in Dickinson at a couple potential jobs. His friend who was driving got scared to go to Williston as everyone was telling them to not go there, LOL.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:53 PM

477 posts, read 1,507,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
BroncaGirl....Question. Since you drive the roads a lot. Is there a time of day when the highways aren't as bad?? Early am...Late afternoons...any time you think is safer to drive on hwy 2 into Williston from the East??
Late evenings, through the night are a lot less traveled so if I can I travel during those times. Traffic really is rather light on Sunday too.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:28 PM

11 posts, read 39,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laina1980 View Post
That is awesome, love to read of someone helping and opening their doors to people!!

Scorpio, glad all is well with you there. My husband didn't make it to the Weatherford, after all my hard work LOl!! He got caught up in Dickinson at a couple potential jobs. His friend who was driving got scared to go to Williston as everyone was telling them to not go there, LOL.

I went to the Weatherford job fair and a lot of people without cdl or oilfield experience were turned away. If your husband has a cdl and 2 years driving experience he should check out Missouri Basin in Dickinson or Power Fuels in Watford City. I am sure they will hire him and they don't require oilfield experience. Thanks for the job fair info, it was great.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:27 PM

477 posts, read 1,507,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laina1980 View Post

HUH, that is funny people are saying to not come up here. I agree with bob though, with experience that is only a plus. Does look like more ads are saying 2 to 3 years driving experience wanted.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:22 AM

192 posts, read 497,615 times
Whats the word on not coming here? No work? Dangerous? I'm doing fine and looking for work. People seem to be extremely polite at the offices and in general.

Definatly looks like you gotta have some experience now though.

Maybe when work really kicks in the hiring for the newbies might start again????

Old 03-15-2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncogirl View Post
Late evenings, through the night are a lot less traveled so if I can I travel during those times. Traffic really is rather light on Sunday too.
Thanks, that helps a lot.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:29 AM

4 posts, read 11,934 times
Bob131, what is your opinion on Weatherford?

Old 03-15-2012, 06:37 PM

11 posts, read 39,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete5 View Post
Bob131, what is your opinion on Weatherford?
I liked everything they told me at the interview. As long as it's all true, in my openion Weatherford sounds better than schlumberger and halliburton. With this economy i am not too picky, i am just glad to get a job.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:42 PM

From what I've been reading Weatherford is really building up their company there. For me that always means they are planning long term....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota > Williston