Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 06:17 PM

374 posts, read 563,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensstevens View Post
Me and my family

one old woman starts picking some last items from my wife s shopping cart. She grabbed her hand firmly so she would drop whatever she had picked and firmly said to her `don t touch my things`. She stood there saying she just wanted to help, what kind of a mother must she be... she ignored her , no one was noticing, she did it on purpose (This sitcom episode could be called Run On She's.)

They kind play peak a boo behind my back trying to see my son.
At children park i saw a mexican woman throwing her leg out to make a child fall.. an older child who she understood was bugging her granddaughter... that same woman tried to reach my son with her arm... (was her arm in a threatening position. It's not necessarily taboo to touch other people in Kansas.)

When buying a pretzel an African american woman, an employee says she wants to know where my wife bought her shirt`to my husband, raised her voice, almost made a scandal.
My son is very poorly treated at the doctors office by the nurses who get hysterical when they see my wife whos stunning, a model.. (she/wife/husband => I'm confused, did someone have a transgender moment in this scenario? JK. Continous use of the same pronoun to refer to various people is, well Google: How do you avoid repeating pronouns in writing?)

In the summer old women go crazy and insult my wife (whos stunning, a model) directly for using shorts, they stare, they talk to us, ask questions, won t absolutely leave…
I repeat there is nothing here. Do yourself a favour and stay away from Wichita, stay away from Kansas.
Welcome to your 1st day/post on City-Data. FYI: Terry Jones of Monty Python died yesterday, there might be a career diversion for you to get out of Cowtown. Please see Planes, Trains & Automobiles + Coming to America, before you leave town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2020, 09:46 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,878,990 times
Why would you leave Wichita ,its the home of ………...Hoovies Garage ?

Old 01-30-2020, 09:17 PM

615 posts, read 1,375,165 times
I am an outdoor enthusiast, who enjoys hiking and climbing mountains. How can I do that if I live in Wichita?

Old 01-31-2020, 05:10 AM

26,411 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpointer View Post
I am an outdoor enthusiast, who enjoys hiking and climbing mountains. How can I do that if I live in Wichita?
A few trails along the Arkansas River there. A far better idea to pick cities west or further east that have more selections of things to do outdoors if that is a key criteria.

Old 01-31-2020, 09:15 AM

374 posts, read 563,146 times
Quote:
RULE #1: KS is 98.2% private lands. IF one were to develop a relationship with a landowner(s) for permission to hike, you'd seldom ever see another hiker, & the trails are usually gravel, 1.5-2 vehicles in width. You can hike the ditches & not be on private land. Look @ topo maps between Matfield Green, Bazaar, Madison, Olpe (Chicken House) for endless miles of gravel roads & open range.

I took a mt climbing course @ WSU, ~ 1973, rappelled off the top of Cessna Stadium, landing on top of the ticket stand. For actual rock, the class went to sandstone bluffs on the East side of Fall River Reservoir. Nearest out of state: Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge, OK.

As long as you are prepared for chiggers, there are hiking opportunities in KS @ CoE reservoirs; closest to Wichita are El Dorado & Cheney; but Fall River & Toronto are not much farther, & less "crowded."KDWP&T

Old 02-02-2020, 09:55 AM

615 posts, read 1,375,165 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSinmyrearviewmirror View Post
RULE #1: KS is 98.2% private lands. IF one were to develop a relationship with a landowner(s) for permission to hike, you'd seldom ever see another hiker, & the trails are usually gravel, 1.5-2 vehicles in width. You can hike the ditches & not be on private land. Look @ topo maps between Matfield Green, Bazaar, Madison, Olpe (Chicken House) for endless miles of gravel roads & open range.
The abundance of public land near my home is one of the most important reasons why I like living in the western USA. I could not live in a state like Kansas where my only opportunities for outdoor recreation is walking along the banks of a relatively flat river.

I have mostly conservative beliefs and believe strongly in private property rights, but one area where I diverge on that issue is that I believe that there should be more public lands open to the people. It does not have to be federally owned, as I believe state and local ownership works very well because people living closer to the land understand it better than federal beauracrats stationed far away. Good examples of great areas of state and local land ownership coverring large areas include South Mountain Park & Preserve and other mountain preserves in Phoenix (city); King County, WA parks such as Cougar Mountain Regional Wildland Park near Issaqauh (county); and Baxter State Park in Maine, home of Mount Katahdin at the northern terminus of the Appalachian Trail. This last example is an area worthy of National Park status, but I feel that the state manages it better than the Federal Government would do.

Old 02-02-2020, 11:02 AM

7,114 posts, read 4,536,107 times
I have lived in Wichita and my son lives there. People are nice and the cost of living is low. However, the weather sucks, Wichita is flat and ugly, horrible for allergies and not a lot to do.

Old 02-02-2020, 03:53 PM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
You get in the car and drive to Colorado?

Old 02-13-2020, 06:54 PM

455 posts, read 771,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I have lived in Wichita -However, the weather sucks, Wichita is flat and ugly, horrible for allergies and not a lot to do.

You get in the car and drive to Colorado?

Yep -that about sums it up.

+1 Teacher Terry & +1 eddie gein.

Old 02-23-2020, 03:40 PM

537 posts, read 450,269 times
Wichita just landed an REI. They would not have come here if they thought Wichita was not an outdoor-adventure friendly town. Obviously, some of you would disagree with their research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita