Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2022, 01:36 PM

6,627 posts, read 4,289,861 times

Advertisements

It appears Cawthorn had time to attend Trump’s announcement last week.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/madiso...4-announcement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2022, 07:04 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,525,465 times
It appears he cares more about hearing himself spouting nonsense than taking care of his constituents. Good riddance!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...97749ca12c6a67

How dare he show up on the House floor when he's cleared out his offices weeks ago!

Old 12-01-2022, 07:18 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,033,033 times
Clearly a nutcase!
I heard rumor that he and AOC are starting a new blog called "LEFT... RIGHT, BUT NO MIDDLE. They are using Jimmy Buffet's "FINS" as their theme song.

Old 12-01-2022, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
It appears he cares more about hearing himself spouting nonsense than taking care of his constituents. Good riddance!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...97749ca12c6a67

How dare he show up on the House floor when he's cleared out his offices weeks ago!
I am puzzled that he can continue being paid by taxpayers when evidently, his offices have been closed. Is there no oversight on things like this? I guess he considers speeches like this as part of his job.

Old 12-01-2022, 06:01 PM

642 posts, read 669,047 times
What a twit! And that's all I have to say about that - moving on.

Old 12-02-2022, 09:04 AM

Ok I lied. I have more to say. It was making me a bit nuts to think the jerk would be getting a congressional pension for his lack of service but it seems that is not the case. I have not checked this out for accuracy - just hoping it's right.

"Question: Will Congressman Madison Cawthorn receive a pension for his two years in Congress, and if so how much per year? Inquiring minds want to know.
My answer: No, but he will get a souvenir mix tape of his most embarrassing moments. It’s about six hours long.
Real answer: As Cawthorn will be a one-term member of the House of Representatives — at least for now — it looks like we won’t have to support him with a pension.
The Congressional Research Service notes that members of Congress can receive such perks from the Federal Employees’ Retirement System, or the Civil Service Retirement System, but with a caveat.
“The vesting requirement to become entitled to a pension benefit under CSRS or FERS is five years,” the Congressional Research Service states on its website. “Members who do not meet this five-year requirement — for instance, one-term members in the U.S. House of Representatives — are not entitled to an annuity under CSRS or FERS.”
The service notes that a one-termer with less than five years service could meet the vesting requirement “as a result of combining previous federal service or additional federal service subsequent to service as a member.” Cawthorn did work for former Congressman Mark Meadows, but it was a year and a half long stint, so he hasn’t reached the five-year threshold."
--- John Boyle at AVLWATCHDOG

Old 12-02-2022, 09:29 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,033,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLM2000 View Post
Ok I lied. I have more to say. It was making me a bit nuts to think the jerk would be getting a congressional pension for his lack of service but it seems that is not the case. I have not checked this out for accuracy - just hoping it's right.

"Question: Will Congressman Madison Cawthorn receive a pension for his two years in Congress, and if so how much per year? Inquiring minds want to know.
My answer: No, but he will get a souvenir mix tape of his most embarrassing moments. It’s about six hours long. And that's the edited version.
Real answer: As Cawthorn will be a one-term member of the House of Representatives — at least for now — it looks like we won’t have to support him with a pension.
The Congressional Research Service notes that members of Congress can receive such perks from the Federal Employees’ Retirement System, or the Civil Service Retirement System, but with a caveat.
“The vesting requirement to become entitled to a pension benefit under CSRS or FERS is five years,” the Congressional Research Service states on its website. “Members who do not meet this five-year requirement — for instance, one-term members in the U.S. House of Representatives — are not entitled to an annuity under CSRS or FERS.”
The service notes that a one-termer with less than five years service could meet the vesting requirement “as a result of combining previous federal service or additional federal service subsequent to service as a member.” Cawthorn did work for former Congressman Mark Meadows, but it was a year and a half long stint, so he hasn’t reached the five-year threshold."
--- John Boyle at AVLWATCHDOG
I fixed it for 'ya in RED

Old 12-02-2022, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
I fixed it for 'ya in RED
Good one.

Old 12-05-2022, 08:12 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,423,675 times
He looks like Max Headroom in that video.

Old 12-08-2022, 09:19 AM

Unbelievable that the election was as close as it was…

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...y/10855255002/

Last edited by Lizap; 12-08-2022 at 09:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina