Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2024, 11:39 AM

10,717 posts, read 5,655,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oats123 View Post
He is definitely clueless. He has no kids and he is guilt tripping me into bringing my kids . My mother in law can’t take care of all 4 and she is the only person my wife trust to take care of the kids. I could go on my own but he would be really upset if I don’t bring the kids.
Are you sure about that? He desperately wants a bunch of gobblers at his wedding? Or is he just being gracious by inviting them, but secretly he’s saying to himself - “I REALLY don’t want a bunch of kids at my wedding, what a pain in the ass. . .”

Old 01-03-2024, 03:18 PM

19 posts, read 6,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
You can bring the kids IF the grandparents (your parents) fly to you FIRST and assist with flying the kids back - and reverse the procedure on the way home. Their dime.

My family is broke. They live paycheck to paycheck

Old 01-03-2024, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateskouros View Post
i understand people (especially family) can be difficult and have completely unrealistic expectations. i have been through more with mine than i care to talk about. but this is the time to just say NO.
have you ever gotten seriously angry with your brother? i think you may need to pull out the big guns and just have a rude, all-out, screamfest. be scary and tell him that THIS IS THE END OF THE DISCUSSION.
or, perhaps he would like to fill the bill for a travel nanny, plane fare and all other expenses you would need to come up with just to make everyone (except you), happy. that should do it. also, remember, YOU are the only one who can allow others to steamroll over you. don't allow it.
Been there with my brother just not on his special day .

Old 01-03-2024, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickIlhenney View Post
I'd leave them at home without a second thought. It's not like they are teenagers that may want to attend because they can appreciate what the event represents. These are small children who will likely get bored in rather short order.
My little ones can only sit still for 15 mins 30 mins max. After that it’s on

Old 01-03-2024, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Ask all your eager relatives to chip in for travel expenses, and volunteer to help wrangle the kids once you're there. That should reduce the pressure to bring them.
My family is broke

Old 01-03-2024, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
I don’t think you should go, for all the reasons stated above.

If you do, here’s what the bride or groom might post here afterwards: “My brother brought his four young kids to my wedding. They cried and fidgeted all through the ceremony and then ran around at the reception and stuck their fingers in the wedding cake.” I’m not saying this as a dig on your parenting skills. I’m saying this as reality.
Exactly what will happen

Old 01-03-2024, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Are you sure about that? He desperately wants a bunch of gobblers at his wedding? Or is he just being gracious by inviting them, but secretly he’s saying to himself - “I REALLY don’t want a bunch of kids at my wedding, what a pain in the ass. . .”
Not being gracious. We had a long argument on the phone . He was adamant . I wish that was the case .

Old 01-03-2024, 03:51 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,873,638 times
I don't know, seems to me if your brother finds YOUR children more important than his bride on HIS wedding day, maybe they should reconsider their priorities.

If they are more than momentarily miffed at this - before moving on to what really matters (them) on this day - they should probably look in the mirror a bit.

How's your future SIL feel about this?

Old 01-03-2024, 03:51 PM

10,717 posts, read 5,655,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oats123 View Post
Not being gracious. We had a long argument on the phone . He was adamant . I wish that was the case .
Sorry, that sucks.

Just go, don’t bring the kids, apologize, and get on with enjoying the wedding.

Old 01-03-2024, 03:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,935,039 times
What is his motivation, do you think?

Does his bride have a really large family and they're ALL coming, including from great distances away, and he doesn't want to feel like his family can't be bothered?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings