Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2023, 03:43 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,644,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
It seems to me in todays world, gambling and strippers are less socially accepted activities than they were 30yrs ago.

People do a lot more golf, jumping out of airplanes, etc.

I don't know, maybe you're right. Maybe not. More likely, some will think it is stupid and others will think it is awesome.

There are so many people that do things like "scream" events or go to those places where you break glass and things with bats to let off steam.

Working in a wood yard is a very meditative activity. There are so many young men who don't experience good old fashioned masculinity that this may be an attractive thing that is socially acceptable.

Yes, some men definitely think the height of life is the ability to be a sloth, surrounded with luxury in a mansion with marble floors. I think there are many others however that appreciate wide open land and the opportunity to let their masculinity thrive and be physical with "the boys". You know? Test themselves and show their friends their prowess. Kind of like one of those arcade machines where you hit the bag and see how hard you punch.

It's a novelty event with axes. Sounds fun to me but apparently, I am very much in the minority on that.

I'm a white collar guy and very much enjoy being able to perform these types of activities. This is supposed to be an opportunity to get in touch with one's masculine self. So many young men don't get that anymore so I thought they would enjoy the opportunity. What happened to society where the epitome of success is sitting and drinking? Life is about doing, not sitting. This thread is now making me sad. I guess I'm crazy but I did really think that guys would love the opportunity to get out into the fresh air and swing an axe and bust up some rounds, most especially those guys who don't get to do that.
You seem to be hung up on masculine and masculinity. Usually, people that have to show it don't have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings