Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 05:52 AM

14 posts, read 11,126 times

Advertisements

I've been lucky - I've never been to a truly bad wedding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 12:55 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
This reminds me of another one. This one was for a coworker. They had decided to do the unity candle, too. So they were over there doing that, and I think it was already sort of awkward because they couldn't get them to light, but then all of a sudden there was this LOUD noise that burst out that sounded like a gunshot. Seriously, it shocked us; we all jumped and were about ready to hit the decks, and then finally we see the priest grimacing and holding his throat. He had coughed directly into the microphone. It looked like the bride and groom were trying to suppress laughter there as they continued to try to light the candles.

They were videotaping the ceremony, and I just imagine what all of our faces must have looked like if we were in it.

LOL! Seriously I did.

Old 12-19-2016, 12:54 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,671,285 times
Well not a worst wedding but a lot of strange/werid/unusual things at different weddings.

I was a bridesmaid in one wedding and an usher fainted during the ceremony.

There was a wedding my then boyfriend and I went to, I think it was his cousin that was getting married. It was a few hours away and there was a big storm, the wedding started around 11am. During the ceremony could hear the pouring rain and thunder, it was really loud, it looked like it was nighttime sitting in the church, it was just kinda strange.

There was a wedding during a heat wave, the ceremony was outside. The adjacent reception hall inside was not air conditioned, and there was only hot coffee and warm wine to drink. I couldn't believe there wasn't anything cold to drink. I went into the kitchen to see if I could get a glass of water and the really busy but very nice catering guy said he would give me a cold Pepsi he had his own little ice chest, I didn't feel right taking it. He was smiling and handed me the Pepsi and said I don't know what these people were thinking not having anything cold to drink.

One acquaintance married a guy her family couldn't stand, a real slick talker and obvious to anyone that was near him he was shady. Anyway her parents started to leave the reception soon after it started and sadly the bride got in to a big discussion with her parents right outside the reception. The marriage didnt last long.

I was at one wedding where the groom and I had been friends but his mother wanted us to marry, and use to say that. So the day of his wedding she mentioned something about that to me. No one liked the girl he married.

Last edited by 70's Music Girl; 12-19-2016 at 02:06 AM..

Old 12-19-2016, 01:17 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,671,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
I remember going to a wedding rehearsal at a church located in a suburban neighborhood. The house next door was occupied by someone who either bred & sold beagles, or just had a lot of beagles.

Anyway, part of the ceremony was that one of the bridesmaids would sing "You Light Up My Life". She went up to the microphone, introduced herself and started singing.

Then all the beagles in the adjoining yard decided to join in.

Me (along with most of the attendees) had to sit there red-faced and choking back laughter & tears while she struggled bravely to the finish.

When the actual wedding took place a month later the church windows were closed tight, and I believe the neighbors were paid to keep all their dogs inside for the duration.
I love this story, too funny ! I'm laughing reading this so I'm guessing it must gave been difficult to hold back laughter !

At least this happened at the rehearsal, how cute the dogs wanted to sing along ! Maybe this song hurt their ears ! This song was saturated on the radio stations in the 70s everyone was tired of hearing it !

Old 12-23-2016, 09:02 AM

32 posts, read 41,170 times
One where neither the groom nor bride showed up?

Old 12-26-2016, 05:18 PM

251 posts, read 188,376 times
I went to one wedding where the reception was held at a bar and none of the drinks were covered. Nothing, not even soda or tea. I think it's bad enough to have a cash bar for alcohol but to not even offer your guests some type of non-alcoholic drink is beyond cheap and tacky to me. There were water pitchers on the tables.

Also, the meal that was served was so tiny that everyone was hungry all night. There wasn't even enough cake for everyone.

It was obvious where the budget went because the church and bar were covered with very expensive looking flower arrangements and the bride's dress cost a fortune (over $5000 she told me.)

It wasn't a horrible wedding but it wasn't much fun either. I'm not a huge drinker but I do want to drink at a wedding and I don't think I should have to pay for it either. I want to eat too. I don't expect anything fancy but I shouldn't leave hungry. As a guest I don't give a darn about flowers.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:05 AM

884 posts, read 1,171,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
I remember going to a wedding rehearsal at a church located in a suburban neighborhood. The house next door was occupied by someone who either bred & sold beagles, or just had a lot of beagles.

Anyway, part of the ceremony was that one of the bridesmaids would sing "You Light Up My Life". She went up to the microphone, introduced herself and started singing.

Then all the beagles in the adjoining yard decided to join in.

Me (along with most of the attendees) had to sit there red-faced and choking back laughter & tears while she struggled bravely to the finish.

When the actual wedding took place a month later the church windows were closed tight, and I believe the neighbors were paid to keep all their dogs inside for the duration.
OMG this story is HILARIOUS!!! I would have died laughing! At least it was during the rehearsal, but honestly if this had been my wedding I wouldn't even have cared. I'm known as the crazy dog lady to anyone that knows me though.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:22 PM

1,843 posts, read 3,057,027 times
I had so much fun reading this thread! I love the one with the beagles! ha!

The worst wedding I've been to was my husband's best friend's. My husband was the best man. The hotel it was at was flooded with kids all weekend due to local soccer tournaments. The hotel double booked rooms and some guests actually had people walking into their rooms while they were getting changed. I actually found blood on our lamp shade. The vows were supposed to take place outside but due to inclimate weather they ended up having them inside this plain white room with no decorations. The reception was in this giant room with windows all around and it was way too hot in there. The groom kept complaining and the hotel said they had the AC turned all the way up but it never got comfortable. The food was terrible. When I asked them if they actually did a tasting, they said no, they just came for dinner one night in the restaurant and thought the food was great that night In the end they said they regretted having it there.

My cousin's wedding was great last year, accept for the best man's speech. He obviously had nothing prepared and winged it for what felt like half an hour. People kept clapping at the end of sentences with the hopes that he would take the hint & stop. Luckily, the bride's sister (my other cousin) saved the day with an amazing speech after.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:27 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
The worst weddings I've been to were the ones without alcohol and it wasn't because there was no drinking. It's the type of people that have these weddings. No alcohol seems to be a trait of those types. Even if they had alcohol it would be a bad wedding.

The last wedding I went to had no alcohol. What "type" of people are you referring to? I am in the Bible belt and that is their belief. But many of them are good, hard working, caring, family oriented people. I'm glad to call many of them my friend.

I do have to say it was a bit odd as most of the weddings I've been to have been Long Island weddings which are vastly different.

I've never been to a bad wedding…just boring ones.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:14 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
The last wedding I went to had no alcohol. What "type" of people are you referring to? I am in the Bible belt and that is their belief. But many of them are good, hard working, caring, family oriented people. I'm glad to call many of them my friend.

I do have to say it was a bit odd as most of the weddings I've been to have been Long Island weddings which are vastly different.

I've never been to a bad wedding…just boring ones.
The "type" would be judgmental and think they are the only ones that are right. Family oriented until a family member is gay and good and caring when they tell you Anne Frank is in hell. But then I'm Catholic so they wouldn't like me either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings