Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 02:43 PM

229 posts, read 316,717 times

Advertisements

I find Maryland to be extremely backwards as far as noise is concerned.
I live in Greenbelt and the number of poor losers circulating with cars having modified exhaust systems is overwhelming. Cops don't seem to mind illegal exhausts, since the State doesn't seem to stand behind them on this issue.I don't know what to think of a society not really able to actually control the noise made by cars?? If you can’t control that, what can you control? How hard is it to actually mandate exhaust inspection? It could be done when you take the emission test, for example. I commute every day from Greenbelt to Towson, and what I see on the Parkway and 695 is truly sad, a pure reflection of the state in which our society is, total decay. Wild imbecile individualism at its worst. I was born and raised between France and Italy, I'm used to speed. I don't mind speed when it's done in a way that is clean and organized. Driving in Germany on the right lane and being passed on the left on the Autobahn by guys driving at 150 mph doesn’t bother me a bit. What I see on our road are morons zigzagging in total disrespect of other people’s life with two tons vehicles prone to roll over. .I drive at 65 mph, speed limit is 55, I’m basically following traffic most of the time on the right lane and I seem to be too slow. I’ve had people passing me on the left, so driving at least at 75 judging by their speed, while some other idiot, who couldn’t wait for that guy to pass me on the left, decides to pass me on the right, so driving on the shoulder, even faster. Yes sir on the shoulder, that happens every day, more than once. Then I watch those two ugly retards race each other away and zagging, between cars, clearly we’re commuting but those wandering shreds of human being think they’re in a video game. I haven’t traveled by car in other parts of the country in a while, but do you have the feeling that what I see in poor Maryland is also happening everywhere, or is it just Maryland that looks like some of the worst third world countries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2023, 06:58 AM

2,188 posts, read 2,684,340 times
Blaming everything from "individualism" to "the state" is gibberish. Learn how to write a coherent paragraph, drop the "retard" and "third world country" language, and take your concerns to your local government and police force. Here in Rockville there are regular police operations (with State Police help) to cut down on the issue by handing out tickets and equipment repair orders along major roads.

Old 05-18-2023, 10:05 AM

1,202 posts, read 789,941 times
Maryland just have bad drivers lol...although NoVA one aren't that much better nor DC one.

But trust me, you'll see similar crappy driving even in Texas.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but TBH 695 is just awful overall. Worse than Capital Beltway (495).

Last edited by ion475; 05-18-2023 at 11:12 AM..

Old 05-18-2023, 10:41 AM

303 posts, read 237,078 times
Maryland very much looks like a third world country. I posted somewhere here recently about the trash in PG County.

Apologists for MD will be along shortly.

Old 05-18-2023, 11:13 AM

1,202 posts, read 789,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhornet View Post
Maryland very much looks like a third world country. I posted somewhere here recently about the trash in PG County.

Lol that's b/c it's PG County...especially the part close to DC is truly an armpit anyway.

Baltimore City is also bad but at least it has some charming architecture, just run down.

Old 05-18-2023, 07:00 PM

2,282 posts, read 3,929,742 times
A rumbling exhaust is as American as apple pie. It's part of car culture. It can be factory or an aftermarket installation.

Old 05-18-2023, 07:39 PM

6,998 posts, read 11,293,992 times
I am shocked to hear Maryland is not like Germany, just shocked.

Old 05-18-2023, 09:27 PM

211 posts, read 237,566 times
Maryland drivers are the worst I’ve seen.

Old 05-18-2023, 10:10 PM

211 posts, read 237,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhornet View Post

Meh, Annapolis, Frederick, Easton, St Michaels, Bethesda, etc. and bunch of other places looks pretty nice to me. It’s only 3rd world anywhere when you’re too poor to live in nice places, whichever region you’re living.

Last edited by DCarea; 05-18-2023 at 10:35 PM..

Old 05-21-2023, 06:01 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCarea View Post
Maryland drivers are the worst I’ve seen.
LOL, then you need to go to NYC and Ma!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland