Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Videography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2021, 10:21 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times

Advertisements

This is all brand new to me, but I need to know the easiest, FREE video editing downloadable software out there that actually makes high quality-looking videos AND has a thorough video showing how to use it step-by-step. I used OpenShot, but it's always good to know about a few of the easiest others. TIA!

Old 02-08-2022, 02:53 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,541,357 times
Recently started a similar topic here >>>

https://www.city-data.com/forum/inte...l#post62860059

Will jump back and forth to share info

Old 05-04-2022, 07:53 PM

Thanks so far guys! So far I've been using VSDC...the FREE version. It's fine for what I currently do. I haver nothing to compare it to since I've only used it & not even all the features.

It's good to have a couple of back-up software choices just in case as we know.

Old 06-18-2022, 07:48 AM

VSDC messed up on me, so can't use them anymore.

I was going to try the free Hitfilm Express, but somethting didn't work right when I was trying to install it. My desktop didn't have enough of something...guess my computer was too old, so not enough of a certain spec. I hope I don't have to end up buying a whole new desktop! Sure don't have the extra $ for that! So I guess I'll have to try something else. I'll still search for something free because I'm not going to pay for a vid editing software if I don't have to.

Anyone know anything really easy to use & FREE?

These are my desktop specs, so I hope it can still handle anything easy & free:

Lenovo - 23" Touch-Screen All-In-One Computer - C560
8GB Memory
1TB Hard Drive
Processor Model Intel 4th Generation Core i3
Processor Speed (Base) 3.0 gigahertz
Hard Drive Capacity 1000 gigabytes
System Memory (RAM) 8 gigabytes
Operating System Windows 10

Old 06-28-2022, 02:56 AM

1 posts, read 4,221 times
Default will offline video editor work?

Open Source
OoenShot

ShotCut

KDenLive

Commercial
ScreenFlow (Mac only)
Camtasia (Win, Mac)
DaVinci Resolve (has free version with some features removed)

In any case, you should be able to download any of these from an another computer. If your policy prohibits this, you may want to revisit the policy and get it update to reflect how software is distributed.

Old 06-28-2022, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregchappel View Post
Open Source
OoenShot

ShotCut

KDenLive

Commercial
ScreenFlow (Mac only)
Camtasia (Win, Mac)
DaVinci Resolve (has free version with some features removed)

In any case, you should be able to download any of these from an another computer. If your policy prohibits this, you may want to revisit the policy and get it update to reflect how software is distributed.

Thanks, I'll check out the 3 I've never heard of yet. I'm HOPEFULLY temporarily using OpenShot nowadays again & it's not quick regarding what I'm doing. It seems DaVinci is good, but not that easy to learn.

Is there really one simply called, "Commercial"?

Old 09-22-2022, 07:14 AM

1,651 posts, read 1,300,735 times
I made a switch out of PowerDierctor about 2 years ago. At the time I surveyed the market for a new software, with the same criteria, and ended up with Hitfilm free version.

My comments about a few popular choices that I passed:

-- Adobe Premiere - no free version (that I know of)
-- DaVinci - the learning curve is too great
-- Windows video editor - too low end

I like HitFilm because it uses the traditional timeline layout, so very intuitive to use. I just needed to learn where the functions are in the software to bring into the timeline.

HitFilm does have some small inconveniences. My biggest issue is screen real estate is not optimally utilized; there is a lot of wasted space; the timeline section which should take up the entire width of the screen, but it doesn't. So there is more scrolling. But it's a free version that produces good results; I am not complaining.

You have to decide based on what you are working with. That will dictate what software is best for you, and whether you need a computer upgrade. To process 4k video I had to invest in a $2000 computer.

Old 09-15-2023, 07:50 AM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Just spam here. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Videography