Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 04:14 PM

3,827 posts, read 1,781,593 times

Advertisements

There are definitely 100% plant based cheese alternatives out there. I have been buying a queso dip at Target that is literally the best queso I've ever had -that is 100% plant based. The point of offering an alternative is for folks allergic to dairy.

"Ingredients:
Cauliflower, Red Bell Peppers, Almonds, Water, Almond Butter, Apple Cider Vinegar, Red Onions, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Sea Salt, Nutritional Yeast, Chia Protein, Ground Cumin, Ground Turmeric, Cayenne Pepper."

https://www.target.com/p/good-foods-...z/-/A-54564622
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2021, 08:13 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Reads like a setup for spam. I'm surprised it didn't include a scammy link.
My thoughts exactly.

LOL, an incompetent spammer. Forgot the link.

Old 06-24-2021, 07:41 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,287,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
There are definitely 100% plant based cheese alternatives out there. I have been buying a queso dip at Target that is literally the best queso I've ever had -that is 100% plant based. The point of offering an alternative is for folks allergic to dairy.

"Ingredients:
Cauliflower, Red Bell Peppers, Almonds, Water, Almond Butter, Apple Cider Vinegar, Red Onions, Lemon Juice, Garlic, Sea Salt, Nutritional Yeast, Chia Protein, Ground Cumin, Ground Turmeric, Cayenne Pepper."

https://www.target.com/p/good-foods-...z/-/A-54564622
This is a good one, and the ingredients are clean. Simple Truth (Kroger's brand) has a line of dips, including cheese flavors, that are also pretty good without processed junk.

Old 02-14-2022, 05:07 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,899,491 times
I like Follow your heart, Trader Joe's feta and Miyokos liquid pizza cheese. Zero cholesterol. My least favorites are those that seem stiff and waxy, or have no flavor. I need to try the ricotta. I make my own parmesan for spaghetti from walnuts, salt and food yeast.

Old 02-18-2022, 03:50 AM

4,621 posts, read 2,219,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
...that still have dairy in them?

Am I wrong in assuming that most people who eat alternative cheeses do so because they object to the conditions/treatment of dairy animals? Having dairy ingredients like casein in soy cheese kind of defeats the purpose.
My guess is so that they're more cheese like. I learned I was lactose intolerant in my 30s and I had to stop eating a lot of dairy products one of them I can still have his hard cheese. But as I was adjusting I was trying fake cheeses and they were all absolutely dreadful. If I had to do without cheese I just wouldn't eat any of it I said that was the only option I had so I imagine it's to try and make it taste better make it a little more creamy.

Old 02-18-2022, 01:04 PM

1,262 posts, read 664,942 times
My first thought in response to OP's question is, because they must want to! Making cheese can be an ordeal so I am sure whoever makes it thinks it through beforehand.

Old 04-28-2022, 01:49 PM

I like the plant based cheese, but not all companies. Simple Truth has cheddar slices that taste better than dairy based. I didn't think it was possible, but I fooled 3 people. They didn't get angry.

Old 05-06-2022, 09:26 AM

10,890 posts, read 7,373,369 times
I love cheese, but have dairy issues, so I'd like to try plant-based. If I like it, maybe I'll try making some.
I've made coconut milk yogurt, but didn't like the results.

Old 07-05-2022, 12:46 AM

16 posts, read 7,786 times
Those soy cheeses are mainly for lactose intolerance people, and about the vegan cheese, I personally prefer homemade vegan cheese of nuts and seeds. Soaking those nuts and seeds and blending and fermented by some types of bacteria works, additional we can add salt, herbs, nutritional yeast for taste and flavor.

Old 07-10-2022, 07:02 PM

Plenty of vegan cheese recipes online. Zero cholesterol. I like cashew based.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food