Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2023, 12:05 AM

2,342 posts, read 1,735,214 times

Advertisements

I’ll be there in mid-October for 4 days. My 2016 Grand Cherokee is trail rated on 32s. It’s not lifted, it has the stock air suspension for some extra clearance. I’m fairly comfortable with my off-road skills. What off-road trails do you recommend? We’ll be going to Arches and Canyonlands too.

I’m more interested in scenic panoramic vista and views, more than I am about challenging, technical trail runs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2023, 02:31 PM

451 posts, read 421,454 times
If you run out of places by canyonlands I really enjoyed up along the Colorado River (128) and turn in towards castle valley and up. Have a great time.
Hope it's not packed
If arches is crazy you can try to enter like 4.30am. It may be free entry and certainly not packed.
I drove all the way to the end in the big parking lot and in to that big famous arch there. At sunrise. Really nice

Old 06-04-2023, 09:09 AM

Thanks for that tip Rodolfo. I’ve flagged Castleton Tower and the Castle Valley on my map.

Old 06-04-2023, 05:20 PM

507 posts, read 661,522 times
Here's a good map reference to the 4X4 trails around Moab.

https://www.jeeptheusa.com/moab-jeep-trails.html

On the interactive map, the color coded might be difficulty levels. I have friends that ride quads there
frequently, and some of their videos/photos make it look like they are on some pretty tricky stuff. But
there's a variety of levels. October probably a good time-should be less crowded. I've been there
mostly in summer, but also in the winter. It's fairly quiet in the winter. My quads like their sand dunes.

A lot of it comes off of Sand Flats Road, which is just off of Mill Creek Dr, just coming up out of town.

Old 06-04-2023, 06:52 PM

783 posts, read 836,666 times
Not from Moab, but let me recommend the AllTrails app for your iPhone. I like that it also allows people to leave reviews of trails and conditions so you get a better idea if you can handle it lol….

Old 06-05-2023, 07:34 AM

Thanks @Wyoprairie, I’m finding that jeepTheUSA.com has a lot of good info on the Moab trails. There are a lot of tricky trails there.

@ChrisMT, good tip, thanks. I’ve had the AllTrails app for years but only just started using it because I’m reading about Moab. I just upgraded to AllTrails+ because the features are pretty good. Not sure how long I’ll pay the subscription but it’ll be for at least the one year. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
View detailed profiles of: