Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 03:10 PM

2,294 posts, read 1,513,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterjack View Post
I know what I would do if I were him, might not be a popular idea but I would be seriously considering stepping down and allowing William to step up. I truly hope he recovers from this cancer. Life is too short spend every day with the woman you love doing the things you love - Charles owes us nothing he has already served all of his life.
But I think he would see that it would be perceived as giving in to the diagnosis. A close friend of ours was diagnosed with bladder cancer last year when having routine scans for something else. The treatment hasn’t been pleasant but he is in remission and living a normal life again. This friend was treated in our public system so knowing Charles will get the best treatment available, I think Charles will convey positivity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2024, 05:31 PM

1,290 posts, read 1,342,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Yes, I heard the same: that the cancer is unrelated to the prostate procedure he had. So they are saying for. Now it is just some form of cancer. We will have to wait for specifics.

Prayers for the King and country.
Everyone will know soon enough, as Harry is going to see him. Check him for recording devices please. Sorry but he's not been proven trustworthy at this point.....

Old 02-05-2024, 06:44 PM

730 posts, read 464,297 times
Just a thought, I wonder if maybe he had a PET scan(Positron Emission Tomography). It’s an imaging test that uses radioactive substances to detect tumors and if there is any metastasis present. Something like that anyways. It’s way above my pay grade. Maybe someone way more knowledgable than me can explain it better.

Old 02-05-2024, 07:54 PM

2,334 posts, read 845,901 times
Wishing the King a swift and complete recovery. His grandfather had cancer probably because of his heavy smoking but Charles has led a pretty healthy life which makes a cancer diagnosis all the more of an unpleasant surprise.

Old 02-05-2024, 08:00 PM

2,962 posts, read 1,638,645 times
Best wishes for a complete recovery .

Old 02-05-2024, 09:25 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,416,730 times
I bet its liver cancer..He is a drinker I heard

Old 02-06-2024, 01:04 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,735,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
for gods sake.. shut your mouth..

Old 02-06-2024, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausikaa View Post
Could be bladder cancer. Close to prostate. I hope he does well.
My hubby went into hospital to have polyps removed eighteen months ago.. while having many taken out, another problem was discovered in his bowel.. where he had to have a cancer growth removed.. not only this but then another prostate problem was discovered and he has had weeks of hormone therapy then radiotherapy... his lates checkups have been positive as all caught early.. so good luck to our lovely King Charles and a good recovery.. When I was told my husband had the three cancers I thought it was over... but now with faster newer treatment things have changed... I hope and pray for the King...

Old 02-06-2024, 07:01 AM

16,551 posts, read 8,589,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post

Some people drink all their lives and never get liver cancer, while others never touch a drop and do.

Hopefully it is something less serious than that, and I imagine the royals can get the best MD's & treatments in all of Europe.

Old 02-06-2024, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Some people drink all their lives and never get liver cancer, while others never touch a drop and do.

Hopefully it is something less serious than that, and I imagine the royals can get the best MD's & treatments in all of Europe.
Charles has always taken care of what he eats and drinks and anything but a drinker... but what you say is right..
Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, also called simple fatty liver, is a common condition, affecting as many as 1 in 5 adults and 1 in 10 children in the United States. In this condition, there isn’t inflammation or liver cell damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom