Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 11:56 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times

Advertisements

This is so weird that I found this thread because something just happened for which my husband and I have no explanation.

Every day for the past 30+ years, my husband's routine is the same every night. He takes his clothes off, puts them in the hamper, and puts his belt and glasses on the dresser. It's so routine that he doesn't even think about it.

Tuesday morning, he asks me, "Where are my glasses?" We both scoured the bedroom, looking behind the dresser and even under the bed, but no glasses. Luckily, he had an old pair so he wore those to work. He comes home from work, "Did you find them yet?" "No."

Now, I spend a LOT of time in our den, and I was there for several hours on Tuesday and also Wednesday (yesterday) morning. About noon yesterday, I went out of the den to get a sandwich for lunch yesterday, and when I came back, the glasses were sitting neatly on the floor below the light switch, arms extended. Our den has plenty of natural daylight and there was absolutely no clutter where they were (just sitting in a large and empty expanse of carpet), so it is virtually impossible that I could have missed them, as I would have walked right by them at least a dozen times between Monday evening and Wednesday afternoon. Btw, we live alone except for our dog and cat.

So does anyone have any explanation? As far as I know, there have never been any deaths in our house and we have never had any kind of paranormal experiences before, except that for one that I had about 45 years ago.

Last edited by katharsis; 09-29-2016 at 12:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 12:30 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
This is so weird that I found this thread because something just happened for which my husband and I have no explanation.

Every day for the past 30+ years, my husband's routine is the same every night. He takes his clothes off, puts them in the hamper, and puts his belt and glasses on the dresser. It's so routine that he doesn't even think about it.

Tuesday morning, he asks me, "Where are my glasses?" We both scoured the bedroom, looking behind the dresser and even under the bed, but no glasses. Luckily, he had an old pair so he wore those to work the next day. He comes home from work, "Did you find them yet?" "No."

Now, I spend a LOT of time in our den, and I was there for several hours on Tuesday and also Wednesday (yesterday) morning. About noon yesterday, I went out of the den to get a sandwich for lunch yesterday, and when I came back, the glasses were sitting neatly on the floor below the light switch, arms extended. Our den gets plenty of light and there was absolutely no clutter where they were (just sitting in a large and empty expanse of carpet) and it has a lot of natural light, so it is virtually impossible that I could have missed them, as I would have walked right by them at least a dozen times between Monday evening and Wednesday afternoon. Btw, we live alone except for our dog and cat.

So does anyone have any explanation? As far as I know, there have never been any deaths in our house and we have never had any kind of paranormal experiences before, except that for one that I had about 45 years ago.
Cat. Ear curl pieces have a strong scent of him, and cats for some reason love plastic. I have a few who love to lick and chew plastic, and my husband's temple pieces are chewed on.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:00 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Cat. Ear curl pieces have a strong scent of him, and cats for some reason love plastic. I have a few who love to lick and chew plastic, and my husband's temple pieces are chewed on.
Thanks for answering, but I don't think our cat would have done it because it would be the first time in 13 years and because his glasses are heavy (old-fashioned aviator metal frames). Also, the cat would have had to carry them in his mouth and take them from one room to another.

Old 09-29-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Thanks for answering, but I don't think our cat would have done it because it would be the first time in 13 years and because his glasses are heavy (old-fashioned aviator metal frames). Also, the cat would have had to carry them in his mouth and take them from one room to another.
It would be strange for the cat to start now...but I've seen my cats carry my glasses and hubbys glasses....Seamus was so bad with it I put my glasses in the case, and the case in a drawer for years, or I'd wake up to no glasses.

Damn I miss that cat..

Old 01-31-2017, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,145 times
Default Random stuff appearing carved crystal

First object that appeared randomly was a Minnie Mouse necklace pendent, I found it one morning on top of my washer. Second a monster ink pin on top of the washer just where I found the other one. A month ago I was in the ER when the nurse went to lift up my shirt to attach the sticky monitors to my chest where a birth mark of mine that looks like a white horse chess peice layed a silver horse pendent covered in white rhinestones layed on top. This same horse, I found in the old "haunted" house I lived in years before. My mom came in the ER to visit me and asked to hold it, I let her hold it but felt uneasy, all of the sudden another rhinestones pendent fell on the floor besides me. I picked it up. It was another pendent that I think was from a bracelet of mine. I found it on top of the washer one morning as well. Just recently something extremely out of the norm occurred. I have this crystal ball that I ended up setting in my back yard at a different house then where the pendents appeared. It was probably out there for a couple of weeks I'm thinking. The other day I felt some urge to grab it. I noticed there had been a number 8 carved into the crystal. I told my mom, who doesn't exactly favor me talking about the phenomena and didn't really acknowledge it but 10 minutes later she found a black object similar texture to another object I found in the middle of the floor a week earlier. The black object looks kind of like a plug and has a triangle on it with a 6 in the middle. The other object similar in texture that I found was blue and sparkly similar to the Minnie Mouse pendent I found. The other day I found my Minnie Mouse pendent had been moved from where I set it, I found it next to a coffee cup that has a cap to it where I put objects inside the cup as a present, it was next to the cup with the cap off, and one of the objects taken out. The object was a angel pendent. Just a pin with an angel on it. I feel like maybe something is trying to tell me something but I'm unsure of what to do with these occurrences. I feel as if the crystal might hold some importance. So that's all about the objects, otherwise. I have waken up with random puddles of water in the middle of my floor. Lately I've been having this one flashback from when I was much younger and it was of a really tall alien at my bedroom window. The flash back will not go away. The alien had pinkish orangeish skin but different shades in different places and bent odd arms. There's much more stuff that occurred when I was younger but I'm mostly just listing recent stuff.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:42 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
The thread about object disappearing without an apparent reason, got me thinking...
Parents with more than one child experience this daily.

Who spilled the juice?

Who tracked the mud in from the front yard?

Who threw that wrapper in the floor?

Who left the sink full of dirt?

No one ever takes responsibility for these things, but they happen on a daily basis.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Parents with more than one child experience this daily.

Who spilled the juice?

Who tracked the mud in from the front yard?

Who threw that wrapper in the floor?

Who left the sink full of dirt?

No one ever takes responsibility for these things, but they happen on a daily basis.
Or cats...really.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:46 AM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Yes. I have had the experience of an object that materialized in my home, apparently "out of no where" several times in my life.

These objects are known as "apports". Apport - Crystalinks

Old 05-13-2017, 03:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,898 times
I came home, walked into my bedroom and found a really old toy. I asked everybody if it was their toy but everybody said "nope never seen it before in my life". Not only that but child clothes appeared which disturbed me.

Old 05-15-2017, 12:14 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
This just happened almost 2 mos ago that I still can't explain. This is the very first time something like this has ever happened to me.

In my apt, my fiance' asked me, "where did this come from?" It was a slender, wooden triangular-shaped doorstop that you place at the bottom of the door to keep it open. Neither of us have ever seen that & we don't even use doorstops in this place, but my fiance' said it was sitting right smack in the middle of one of the counters in the kitchen. It didn't seem to be any wooden framing that fell from the underside of the cabinet or anything.

Hmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal