Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:34 AM

17,656 posts, read 15,352,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
The stool (and other tools useful, especially when traveling) business is still ticking along just fine... Matt offered Zach a sweet full-time job running it, but - again - he wasn't interested or was too lazy.

As for the wedding venue, Matt said in his long post after his nondisclosure expired that it was just a plot-line to keep the show going.

I'm sure Matt and the farm have an attorney they use for legal issues and "paperwork," so I wouldn't worry about that aspect. And how do we know Jacob isn't actually smartest of all?

Booksmart or street smart?

I'll give him the possibility on the latter. Not so much on the former. Being expelled from high school, seemingly at least, never getting a GED. Stating that schools don't provide a meaningful education..

These are the people you find on facebook sharing ridiculous posts. Mostly political.. The only non political one that I can think of (because I don't want to drag politics in here) that I saw the other day was "Someone born in 1999 is now 46 years old!". At least that one, you can give the benefit of the doubt that they MEANT to say 1979, which.. Technically. Isn't 100% factual either.

Look.. 70 years ago.. That attitude was OK to have. I mean, you could not finish high school and get a job and have a career that might not be the best in the world, but it would support you and your family.

That's much harder in todays world.

That being said.. He might be able to pull off the life he wants to live with the education he has. Certainly not something that I would do, but, if he can live without the stresses of "What do I do if everything here falls apart?". Frankly.. I figure more he's not thinking about that, just "It'll always be OK".. Which.. i've got several of those in my family.. usually doesn't end too well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM

22,062 posts, read 13,079,311 times
Really? He was a victim of molestation; probably not focusing on his studies. His parents were also doing "The War of the Roses"at the time. All of his siblings flew the coop, leaving him alone there and Amy "an empty nester" (her own words, while Jacob was still upstairs in his room, LOL). Truly the forgotten child, but sometimes that works in one's favor.

Everything he needs to know to run that farm, he can learn from Matt, and that is exactly what he's doing. Better than going into debt with student loans for a useless degree (looking at you, Jeremy). At least his wife has a trust fund! Zach, on the other hand, could have stood to at least learn a skill.

Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM

50,412 posts, read 64,161,814 times
Quote:
Really? He was a victim of molestation; probably not focusing on his studies. His parents were also doing "The War of the Roses"at the time. All of his siblings flew the coop, leaving him alone there and Amy "an empty nester" (her own words, while Jacob was still upstairs in his room, LOL). Truly the forgotten child, but sometimes that works in one's favor.

Everything he needs to know to run that farm, he can learn from Matt, and that is exactly what he's doing. Better than going into debt with student loans for a useless degree (looking at you, Jeremy). At least his wife has a trust fund! Zach, on the other hand, could have stood to at least learn a skill.
Zach could apparently be a soccer coach.

Old Yesterday, 07:28 PM

22,062 posts, read 13,079,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Zach could apparently be a soccer coach.
He briefly coached part-time at an after-school program at a kid's gym; not sure that translates to a real job. I suspect they'll do okay as "influencers." If not, Tori can always teach with her degree and one year of experience, and Zach can be a stay-at-home dad.

Old Today, 09:34 AM

17,656 posts, read 15,352,185 times
Quote:

He was. But.. He could still go out and get a GED at least. And, perhaps he has.

At the end of the day, no one will give him a job out of sympathy for having been molested. So, in my eyes, he needs something to fall back on. You honestly never know when Matt will change his mind about the farm. He's already sold the house, right?

And.. Wouldn't you think that Matt would leave the farm to be split between the kids vs just leaving it to Jacob? And, if that happens, what if Molly and one or two of the others want to sell? Which would then mean Jacob would have to come up with the money to buy them out. Then there's the inheritance taxes that would have to be paid that have to be considered.

Again.. what he does isn't my business.. Just certainly isn't something I would rest on. But.. i tend to look much more forward vs looking at the now. and, perhaps he has figured all this out as well. it just.. SEEMS looking from the outside.. He's good now.. But what about 20 years from now?

As for the others. Molly I can't imagine won't be just fine no matter what. jacob and Zach.. I don't really know how long the legs on their influencer career might be. No pun intended yet again. Once they're off TV.. Folks who followed the show the whole time will keep up with them for a while.. Will they bring new followers in without the show? How will technology and the world change over the next 20 years? I mean.. 20 years ago.. Who woulda thunk that you could make a career out of playing video games online? Will you be able to do that 20 years from now? back in the 50's, you could have a career being a milkman, 20 years later, that career was completely gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV