Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2024, 07:17 AM

7,109 posts, read 2,793,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
In the "old" Newman Ranch (a set seen for decades until they 'burned it down'), Victor had a cage/dungeon-type room in the basement. It was famously used to detain a man Victor assumed to be carrying on an affair with Victor's then-wife, Julia, thoughI cannot recall if they were actually guilty of anything. There was a shocking (or shockingly funny, YMMV) scene where Victor offered him a meal of a dead/cooked rat.

The ranch was totally rebuilt in recent years, so this lock-up downstairs, while obviously a nod to Victor's history, is a different facility than the original.

Given how "lush" Nikki's life has become in recent months, I'm surprised the staff hasn't recommended locking all the booze up in the basement just to keep it away from her.

An entire episode wasted on a drunken Nikki bouncing around a hotel room with Jack. Good thing I DVR the episodes and watch after work so I can skim past the commericals. I ended up skimming the entire episode and deleting it. This must have been a filler so set up the Friday clifhanger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2024, 09:16 AM

15,177 posts, read 27,933,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
An entire episode wasted on a drunken Nikki bouncing around a hotel room with Jack. Good thing I DVR the episodes and watch after work so I can skim past the commericals. I ended up skimming the entire episode and deleting it. This must have been a filler so set up the Friday clifhanger.
The ending was good though.

Old 05-03-2024, 10:19 AM

43,930 posts, read 44,713,135 times
Quote:
Agreed!

Old 05-15-2024, 11:30 AM

Things I don't see as credible:

1. Summer Newman is the CEO of an Italian fashion company. How does a woman from Wisconsin with no experience be seen as credible in this industry?

2. Abby Newman is on the BOD of Hamilton-Winters. How does a woman who owned a resturant get such a perk? I wonder what the actual employees of the company have to say about who is steering the business.

3. Lillie Winters is the CEO of Hamilton-Winters. How does a fashion model who was previously the manager of a sports club get to be the CEO of a billion dollar company?

4. Sharon Newman is the CEO of a company that she inherited. Her previous job was running a coffee shop. She is also the standby "shrink" who took some night classes and is now seen as by everyone as an authority on problems. She also has real professionals on speed dial and somehow got in their network.

Sally Spectra seems to be the only woman who actually seems to be qualifed for their success and she has to fight all of them at some time.

Old 05-15-2024, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Things I don't see as credible:

2. Abby Newman is on the BOD of Hamilton-Winters. How does a woman who owned a resturant get such a perk? I wonder what the actual employees of the company have to say about who is steering the business.

Didn't Abby work at Newman Enterprises for a while before she opened her own restaurant (meaning she does have some business background relevant to being on the BOD of Hamilton-Winters)?

Old 05-15-2024, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Didn't Abby work at Newman Enterprises for a while before she opened her own restaurant (meaning she does have some business background relevant to being on the BOD of Hamilton-Winters)?
Yes, but I don't think she was in the C-Suite. She "worked for her daddy".

I may be biased since I have only been watching the show since Neil was blind and have been hooked ever since. Team Victor!!!

Old 05-22-2024, 10:19 PM

19,676 posts, read 9,635,182 times
Cole, you forgot to close the dungeon door!

Old 05-23-2024, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Cole, you forgot to close the dungeon door!
I think he thought he closed but it has spring on it which is why it popped back open a bit.

Old 05-23-2024, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I think he thought he closed but it has spring on it which is why it popped back open a bit.
Victor never closes the door. He just walks through without even looking back to see if it sealed since his hands are full.

Old 05-24-2024, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Victor never closes the door. He just walks through without even looking back to see if it sealed since his hands are full.
But Victor was suspicious and did ask Jordan if she had a visitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV