Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2023, 06:11 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times

Advertisements

I had NO intention of watching this or any Bachelor Show...but it was on in the background ---and I did watch.
It was good TV to me. Can't believe they gave him a car with faulty headlights!!!

To explain what he said about not having felt this kind of pain since his wife died:
I can see a fender bender and say, "I haven't felt this sort of pain, trauma, crying since
the accident that killed my 'blank'..."
What?
He got triggered and all the deep feelings just came up again! It happens. And this is what he blurted out.
He was not comparing his wife's death to hurting some woman he met 3 times, in other words.
My perception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2023, 09:01 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,647,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I had NO intention of watching this or any Bachelor Show...but it was on in the background ---and I did watch.
It was good TV to me. Can't believe they gave him a car with faulty headlights!!!

To explain what he said about not having felt this kind of pain since his wife died:
I can see a fender bender and say, "I haven't felt this sort of pain, trauma, crying since
the accident that killed my 'blank'..."
What?
He got triggered and all the deep feelings just came up again! It happens. And this is what he blurted out.
He was not comparing his wife's death to hurting some woman he met 3 times, in other words.
My perception.
Ok that seems reasonable... I'll reserve judgement... wait to see how it plays out in coming weeks!

Old 10-06-2023, 03:09 PM

9,820 posts, read 11,536,738 times
I'm Liking it so far

Dating over the age of 50 is freaking tough. Lots of Males,Females out here that refuse to deal with their baggage before moving on to other relationships.

Old 10-06-2023, 03:24 PM

595 posts, read 264,001 times
I haven't seen the second episode yet, but that's on my list for tonight! Those women are AMAZING! At first I thought, "Ooh, I hope I'm like that when I'm their age." Then I realized that quite a few of them are only a few years older than me. Oops.

Old 10-09-2023, 06:53 AM

5,509 posts, read 7,102,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
For lack of anything on TV I watched, prior have never watched any of them.
Cringe is an understatement. So I thought these ladies must be getting a nice compensation, googled and nope not a dime.

So why women of this age who have been married, divorced, widowed, have kids, have grandkids, had/have careers would want to put themselves through this only to be rejected except for one baffles me. I find it degrading!

What's up with that one woman with the short dark hair and huge white teeth? She looks like a Kris Kardashian wanna be
So funny, she creeps me out.

How about the one who could have been Celine Dion's mother? She was out the first episode.

This show is degrading for the women. They all act like he's their dream man, and they haven't had much alone time with him. Very shallow to me.

Old 10-09-2023, 10:23 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
When one of the woman was talking to Garry and telling him “I’m looking for my person and I want to be seen”, I was thinking she is fake as she just watched the other shows where every young person now is saying and copying that. That to me is a parrot and not someone who is showing herself.

The woman from NJ seems to have a connection with him but when two people have strong roots in a community with family ties, children and grand children which is not like a young person in their twenties who just move to another State for the love of their life.

In this case there are more issues to overcome to have a strong relationship at their age.

I moved from Europe with my family so I know what is involved to move elsewhere. Now with kids older and family expanding most parents when one person falls away, don’t want to move further away from their kids, etc. JMO.

I wonder how many women are living closer to his State/home town. Is he willing to move elsewhere?

Old 10-10-2023, 08:08 AM

13,399 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
So funny, she creeps me out.

How about the one who could have been Celine Dion's mother? She was out the first episode.

This show is degrading for the women. They all act like he's their dream man, and they haven't had much alone time with him. Very shallow to me.
I think the show is scripted and fake, it's just for entertainment.
What genius thought it was a good idea to put women 60 years old and above into bunk beds?

Old 10-12-2023, 02:30 AM

3,826 posts, read 1,780,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I think the show is scripted and fake, it's just for entertainment.
What genius thought it was a good idea to put women 60 years old and above into bunk beds?
The bunk bed arrangement made no sense. Why even offer 60+ year old women a choice of bunk beds? Each lady should of had their own twin bed. I initially thought the old-fashion diner was as a nice date idea, until someone jumped on the counter dancing inappropriately during the date and then everyone ran outside dancing. It just seemed forced.

Old 10-12-2023, 01:34 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
The bunk bed arrangement made no sense. Why even offer 60+ year old women a choice of bunk beds? Each lady should of had their own twin bed. I initially thought the old-fashion diner was as a nice date idea, until someone jumped on the counter dancing inappropriately during the date and then everyone ran outside dancing. It just seemed forced.
I had the same feeling, and bunk beds is ridiculous.

Old 10-12-2023, 04:16 PM

11,784 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
The producers didn’t think the bed situation through at all. 60s and 70s in bunk beds?

I didn’t mind the diner, felt a little like Johnny Rockets, but it also made me laugh because the 50s nostalgia is not their dating era. Gerry was born in 1951. Still cute though and hope it lasts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV