Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2023, 12:48 PM

5,741 posts, read 3,245,875 times

Advertisements

Will Trent's accent is all over the place. Sometimes I thought he sounded hispanic, sometimes he sounded like he was from Brooklyn, and other times, I detected no accent at all. And NO ONE in the cast sounds southern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2023, 01:50 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,186,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

I still wish I got a better sense of this being set in Atlanta. This show could move its setting to L.A. or Houston or Chicago and it wouldn't change the show in the slightest.
I think the issue is that there is nothing particularly unique about Atlanta compared to those other cities. I watch The Resident on Fox which also takes place in Atlanta and you would never know the show takes place there. Atlanta is not the kind of place that has famous landmarks that most people would recognize.

Old 01-11-2023, 01:52 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,186,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Will Trent's accent is all over the place. Sometimes I thought he sounded hispanic, sometimes he sounded like he was from Brooklyn, and other times, I detected no accent at all. And NO ONE in the cast sounds southern.
I have relatives in Atlanta and I work with many people from that area and none of them have southern accents. Atlanta is not a typical southern city.

Old 01-11-2023, 03:32 PM

37,313 posts, read 60,070,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Second episode was much better than the first. Much more engaging. Great villains, and we actually got to connect with the victims. Getting to know the main characters better too. Even the dialogue was better. And we got some Sam Cooke!

I still wish I got a better sense of this being set in Atlanta. This show could move its setting to L.A. or Houston or Chicago and it wouldn't change the show in the slightest.

But so far, WILL TRENT is shaping up to be the best show ABC has produced in a long time.
I can’t get over the heavy clothing they are wearing—
Atlanta can get cold weather with snow and ice but lot of the time it is hot and humid—humid even in fall and spring
I don’t see an average person wearing what looks like wool unless there is snow on the ground

Old 01-11-2023, 03:47 PM

4,909 posts, read 4,856,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I can’t get over the heavy clothing they are wearing—
Atlanta can get cold weather with snow and ice but lot of the time it is hot and humid—humid even in fall and spring
I don’t see an average person wearing what looks like wool unless there is snow on the ground
Reminiscent of how much it rained in the original CSI in Vegas.

Old 01-11-2023, 05:30 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,946,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
2023 Prediction: Watch this one...she is going to be a scene stealer with her sassiness and comedy...esp her facial expressions.
As a teen was in the 70s Show. A clip to see her spunk.
Hmm... she was only in That 70s Show for one episode (out of 200) as a guest.

Old 01-16-2023, 12:37 PM

32,750 posts, read 48,403,474 times
I'm enjoying it.

Good writing. It's crystal clear who everyone is and what the situation is.

I'm not a chihuahua fan, but that is one cute little dog.

Old 01-21-2023, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
I'm enjoying it.

Good writing. It's crystal clear who everyone is and what the situation is.

I'm not a chihuahua fan, but that is one cute little dog.

I'm enjoying it also. I don't care much for the boss lady, Amanda. It's like the actress is trying too hard; like she's trying to be Samuel L. Jackson. Haha! However, I like everyone else, especially Will and Faith working together. And I love that the cute little dog has a people name - Betty.

Old 01-24-2023, 09:09 PM

2,204 posts, read 2,345,448 times
Amanda is played by Sonja Sohn. She’s best known for her character, Kima, in The Wire. She can’t shake that raspy, husky tone and halting pace, no matter the role. It’s her natural speaking voice and style. I heard her voice before I saw her in episode one and immediately knew it was Sonja.
ETA: I stopped epi 4. Seemed too weird. I enjoyed the others.

Last edited by winterbird; 01-24-2023 at 09:22 PM..

Old 01-25-2023, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbird View Post
Amanda is played by Sonja Sohn. She’s best known for her character, Kima, in The Wire. She can’t shake that raspy, husky tone and halting pace, no matter the role. It’s her natural speaking voice and style. I heard her voice before I saw her in episode one and immediately knew it was Sonja.
ETA: I stopped epi 4. Seemed too weird. I enjoyed the others.
It's not so much her voice for me, it's simply her acting. Too exaggerated. I've seen her before and obviously people like her, but I don't.

I'm going to be watching episode 4 tonight. I like weird.

Last edited by geebabe; 01-25-2023 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: watching
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV