Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 11:13 AM

29,759 posts, read 34,459,247 times

Advertisements

We have specific threads for Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu, but there are all kinds of other options out there. What are you watching on AppleTV, Acorn, BritBox, HBOMax, etc.?

(Please note the service that the show you're watching is on, so that others can find it!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2022, 11:15 AM

On Acorn, I'm watching the British version of the French show Call My Agent. It's just as good, and I'm familiar with more of the British celebs parodying themselves.

Also on Acorn, the newest season of Brokenwood Mysteries has been dropping weekly. I hate to say it, but I might actually prefer it to Midsomer Murders.

Old 08-14-2022, 09:50 AM

On a friend's recommendation, I started watching Trying on AppleTV. It's cute and it has a great cast, but it's kind of cringe in parts. I have a weird issue watching people embarrass themselves on TV--I couldn't watch The Office for the same reason.

Old 08-28-2022, 10:43 AM

I binged the entire season of Loot, on AppleTV. Maya Rudolph is playing a character like MacKenzie Scott (the former Mrs. Jeff Bezos) She's got a huge divorce settlement and decides to actually work at her charitable foundation, but is out of touch with what people really need. It's not a perfect show, but I liked it well enough.

Old 08-28-2022, 11:30 AM

9,209 posts, read 6,259,406 times
Sorry, but I think this thread covering ALL streaming services will get so large that it will be untenable. I think separate threads for each service is more useable.

Maybe there should be threads for the major streaming services and then one for All Other- like we have for the states, with major cities having their own threads and then a general thread for all the other places in the state.

For example, I don't have hulu or Apple but do watch Acorn. The Acorn only thread is more useful because I don't have to read through (or scroll past) all the services for which I have no use.

Acorn thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/tv/3...ns-please.html

JMHO

Old 08-29-2022, 05:40 PM

19,731 posts, read 10,160,319 times
I watch many different things on tubi.

Old 09-14-2022, 06:53 AM

19,743 posts, read 20,300,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Sorry, but I think this thread covering ALL streaming services will get so large that it will be untenable. I think separate threads for each service is more useable.

Maybe there should be threads for the major streaming services and then one for All Other- like we have for the states, with major cities having their own threads and then a general thread for all the other places in the state.

For example, I don't have hulu or Apple but do watch Acorn. The Acorn only thread is more useful because I don't have to read through (or scroll past) all the services for which I have no use.

Acorn thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/tv/3...ns-please.html

JMHO

Re: All Other

There used to be a general thread in here that I preferred about 'shows we are currently binge-watching', which was non-device/brand specific, but I can't find it anywhere now.

~I belong to the group of people who don't use pay $treaming services, still, I find all kinds of cool shows/series/documentaries/movies etc to watch for free online elsewhere, and like to share.

Old 09-14-2022, 09:12 PM

17,647 posts, read 22,675,700 times
There are very many free movies, series on tubi.com

Old 09-15-2022, 08:50 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,954,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
There are very many free movies, series on tubi.com
I watched an excellent movie on Tubi this week “Sunshine and Oranges” about the deportation of children to UK colony countries—the movie dealt with some going to Australia—
An English social worker discovered the practice helping adults trace their parents—who often were alive in England and knew nothing about their children being stolen—
They wound up in bad situations—as slave labor and abused very often

Tubi is awash in 3rd rate content but it does have some gems—
“Murphy’s Romance” is one listed

Old 09-16-2022, 09:02 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,954,536 times
Free 7 days Paramount+ on Amazon Prime—watching series from Smithsonian Channel called “Private Lives of House of Windsor” about Queen Elizabeth’s grandfather/mother and her aunt and uncles—
Newsreel footage, family letters, talking historians
Interesting—the brothers of her father had sons—so she has lot of male cousins
And her Uncle David was not the only roue in the family…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV