Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2023, 11:00 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times

Advertisements

Was Hawaii on Monday night? We didn't see it and I didn't find it in our recordings, even though we have a scheduled recording for all new episodes. Also couldn't find it on Paramount +, which seems to have only the first two seasons.

Presumably it will turn up sometime.

Meanwhile, we watched the first couple of episodes of Sydney and it seem like a reasonable variant on the formula. You never know. So far I'm just seeing it listed on Paramount +, but not on regular CBS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2023, 12:57 PM

43,674 posts, read 44,416,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Was Hawaii on Monday night? We didn't see it and I didn't find it in our recordings, even though we have a scheduled recording for all new episodes. Also couldn't find it on Paramount +, which seems to have only the first two seasons.

Presumably it will turn up sometime.

Meanwhile, we watched the first couple of episodes of Sydney and it seem like a reasonable variant on the formula. You never know. So far I'm just seeing it listed on Paramount +, but not on regular CBS.
I don't think it was on Monday night.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com.../105572987.cms

Old 12-22-2023, 10:10 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The first episode of the new Season 3 of NCIS Hawai'i airs on December 4th, 2023.....this Monday coming up (Now Tuesday 11/28...so less than a week from now).
It turns out the 'returns 12/4' date was a return to filming.

The first episode of the new Season 3 will air on February 12th, 2024 (which makes more sense).

They have a blessing ceremony to kick off work on each new season, and they had that for Season 3 as well.

Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM

12,391 posts, read 8,159,056 times
CBS is letting NCIS: Hawai'i go after the strike shorten third season.

Old Today, 05:08 AM

43,674 posts, read 44,416,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
CBS is letting NCIS: Hawai'i go after the strike shorten third season.
Oh, well....I never thought it was a good as the original or NCIS: L.A or even NCIS: New Orleans (which I believe it replaced).

Old Today, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Oh, well....I never thought it was a good as the original or NCIS: L.A or even NCIS: New Orleans (which I believe it replaced).
With the promo's telling us about the finale finishing the NCIS: Elite (story line used to justify NCIS Special Projects Sam Hanna hanging around the Hawai'i office) it certainly feels like Star Trek Enterprise's finale being taken over by Riker from The Next Generation

As a franchise NCIS seems to be following the CSI model of every new show is lasting fewer seasons than its elder spinoff. It was at about this point that I dropped New Orleans as its 'product improvements" played more like shark jumping to me. But I dipped back in for the end as it seemed like one of the better pandemic lockdown era productions.

I can only speculate that the Australians are putting cash into NCIS: Sydney. I wonder if it is another cable TV like 10 episode season or a full network a third of the year run?.

Old Today, 09:41 AM

9,890 posts, read 4,653,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
With the promo's telling us about the finale finishing the NCIS: Elite (story line used to justify NCIS Special Projects Sam Hanna hanging around the Hawai'i office) it certainly feels like Star Trek Enterprise's finale being taken over by Riker from The Next Generation

As a franchise NCIS seems to be following the CSI model of every new show is lasting fewer seasons than its elder spinoff. It was at about this point that I dropped New Orleans as its 'product improvements" played more like shark jumping to me. But I dipped back in for the end as it seemed like one of the better pandemic lockdown era productions.

I can only speculate that the Australians are putting cash into NCIS: Sydney. I wonder if it is another cable TV like 10 episode season or a full network a third of the year run?.
Excellent point about the costs. The new Magnum PI was also cancelled being filmed in Hawaii(same producer?). Production costs must be a bigger factor in Hawaii. I've heard stories about the cost of living, land housing etc. Also wonder how the volcanos and wildfires affected filming.

The strike shortend season killed a lot of careers. That strike lasted too long. It's not just actors out of work it's the production crew and writers that will have to look for work else where. Also people find permanent substitutes when they go without.

There were issues but at least they didn't blast politically correct messaging into one's living room like a Dick Wolfe show. It's hard to introduce new characters/storylines. The Maggie story had some legs but was predictable. I really can't get into the Sydney -it's almost cliche at times probably Aussies trying to live up to a stereo type.

Old Today, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Excellent point about the costs. The new Magnum PI was also cancelled being filmed in Hawaii(same producer?). Production costs must be a bigger factor in Hawaii. I've heard stories about the cost of living, land housing etc. Also wonder how the volcanos and wildfires affected filming.

The strike shortend season killed a lot of careers. That strike lasted too long. It's not just actors out of work it's the production crew and writers that will have to look for work else where. Also people find permanent substitutes when they go without.

There were issues but at least they didn't blast politically correct messaging into one's living room like a Dick Wolfe show. It's hard to introduce new characters/storylines. The Maggie story had some legs but was predictable. I really can't get into the Sydney -it's almost cliche at times probably Aussies trying to live up to a stereo type.
I actually hope for CBS's sake that it was cost. The alternative would be that they saw ratings numbers and failed to understand that as a strike breaker NCIS: Sydney had little new content on air to fight against and what there was was second class competition for viewers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV