Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2024, 02:40 PM

50,500 posts, read 64,425,260 times

Advertisements

Martha’s Garden. If you like gardening, and enjoyed the old quiet perfection of Martha Stewart’s show, before she went to the slammer, you will enjoy it.

Also, The Middle and The Good Wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2024, 07:12 AM

866 posts, read 798,689 times
Reign, a drama set in the French court of the early 17th century. Pretty good drama so far, the costumes are great, and the female lead is stunningly beautiful.

The only odd thing is the quite modern soundtrack, similar to the Heath Ledger movie when he portrayed a knight.

Old 05-17-2024, 04:13 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,278,980 times
Just re-watched The Vast of Night. Decent sci-fi and only 90 minutes long.

Old 05-17-2024, 10:13 PM

17,653 posts, read 22,738,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I think the version with Mireille Enos was best.
I very much enjoyed the version with Mireille Enos...

For murder/ killing series, Diane Kruger is also one of my favorite actors, like in "The Bridge".

Old 05-22-2024, 02:50 PM

12,091 posts, read 6,632,255 times
It’s getting harder and harder to find anything good on Prime anymore….

Old 05-23-2024, 12:53 AM

8,759 posts, read 9,501,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
So true, and shows and movies that were free no longer are. It is as if they are daring folks to keep their subscription.

Old 05-25-2024, 04:02 PM

7,409 posts, read 12,757,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Watching The Killing - the Danish version.
We're also watching The Killing, and the dubbing is dreadful. I prefer hearing original foreign languages with subtitles. I watched it back in 2008 or '09 online, and was impressed. Not so much now--it seems slow and repetitive. 20 episodes in one season! And that Icelandic sweater the lead detective wears--I know it's a statement, but it's beginning to wear on me! The wool is beginning to scratch my neck...

But it was the start of Nordic Noir, that and The Bridge, so it deserves recognition for that. Just think of how far the genre has come, with the revived Borgen series, one of the best series around. But that's on Netflix.

Otherwise I've just finished Outer Range. I think Josh Brolin was right--he said in an interview that there was more substance and cohesion to S2. I suspect that they started S1 without a real plot! I enjoyed where S2 was going. I'm still a bit uncomfortable that there can be two versions of a character in the same timeline, because most Sci-Fi stories seem to avoid that, but hey, that's the way Outer Range makes the plot move! Now we have to hope for a wrap-up in S3 if it gets approved.

Old 05-25-2024, 10:14 PM

62,125 posts, read 87,982,234 times
Just finished: "Those who kill". Three seasons. It's Danish with subtitles.

Old 05-26-2024, 07:07 AM

12,076 posts, read 6,341,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Boy, you said it. Mostly crap. After waiting a year, I finally have the 3rd season of Clarksons farm. After finishing season 3 of Reacher, it has been a drought.

I can't tell if Prime Video has nothing but crap of if it is just impossible to find anything I want. The interface stinks, like most of them do. They could use an advanced search. It should be easy to search all free content by year, by actor, by genre, by director, etc. Nope. Just a single "dumb search" and endless icons you have to scroll through.

They couldn't make the interface worse if they tried. Youtube is just as bad.

It is 2024 and we are on the verge of AI and not a single one of these has a sophisticated search or user friendly interface to find content you may like.

They are idiots. A $40 billion service and a junior high school tech student could do 10 times better.

Old 05-26-2024, 07:10 AM

12,076 posts, read 6,341,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
So true, and shows and movies that were free no longer are. It is as if they are daring folks to keep their subscription.
I can't figure out Prime Video but they seem to introduce some things for free that then roll into paid content. They also seem to list paid content for free from time to time. Some time back, just about every James Bond movie was free. Then a month later it wasn't.

I am baffled by their business model or how to follow what they are doing. Maybe they have a trained chimpanzee in the back room just throwing darts at a board at random to make conten and business decisions.

Sure seems like it.

Streaming was supposed to be clear and easy. It is way worse than cable TV ever was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV