Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 03:01 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,439,804 times

Advertisements

Her eyes, she does look crazy. Just from that one photograph.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2019, 12:28 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,033,998 times
It's about time someone raised this thread from the dead.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:02 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,537,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post

Old 05-09-2019, 05:49 PM

26,850 posts, read 27,026,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
It really is, isn't it? Got something on Stephanie Lazarus that isn't included in the recently released book about this crime? I find it interesting that someone could murder someone in cold blood out of jealousy, then continue her life as a cop for a couple of decades, assuming that she'd never be found out.

Old 05-29-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
It really is, isn't it? Got something on Stephanie Lazarus that isn't included in the recently released book about this crime? I find it interesting that someone could murder someone in cold blood out of jealousy, then continue her life as a cop for a couple of decades, assuming that she'd never be found out.
I originally thought SL wasn't planning on murder and only did it when she and Sherry were wrestling after Sherry caught her snooping around. Sherry was quite athletic and strong and over 6" taller than Stephanie, and I thought maybe Stephanie couldn't get away so she needed to shoot her. But in the book you mentioned earlier, it said a comforter was used as a silencer. There were some bullet holes in it and gun shot residue.

If Stephanie had time to think about how loud the gun was and subsequently had time to grab a blanket and wrap it around the gun, then she wasn't fighting for her life for a few seconds at least. She could have escaped in that time. So it really was a cold blooded killing wasn't it.

I'm about 1/3 through that book -- The Lazarus Files by Matthew McGough -- and so far have read several details that I don't remember hearing before. I'm not sure how accurate it is. But it also says there was a bloody fingerprint on the electronics that were stacked by the door. The original detectives missed this sign that they were stacked up AFTER the attack, AFTER blood was let, therefore suggesting this wasn't a robbery in progress that Sherry walked in on. The electronics were stacked up after she was injured or dead, to throw them off the trail of a targeted murder.

Old 05-29-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I'm about 1/3 through that book -- The Lazarus Files by Matthew McGough -- and so far have read several details that I don't remember hearing before.
I finished this book recently. I found it chilling to read. Like you, I was unaware of many of the details of this crime. McGough must have done an incredible amount of research, and he goes into detail about the lives of Sherrie, John, Stephanie, and the people who both dropped the ball and those who later helped solve this crime so many years later.

Quote:
it also says there was a bloody fingerprint on the electronics that were stacked by the door. The original detectives missed this sign that they were stacked up AFTER the attack, AFTER blood was let, therefore suggesting this wasn't a robbery in progress that Sherry walked in on. The electronics were stacked up after she was injured or dead, to throw them off the trail of a targeted murder.
The theory that it was a burglary gone bad is mystifying to read when the evidence so strongly pointed away from that. The only conclusion to reach was that there had to be a cover up by the LAPD, and as McGough mentions, no one will ever know if Lazarus herself tampered with any evidence at some point. It was depressing to read about more corruption within the LAPD. And especially to find that the only reason the crime was probably solved is that the bite mark swab sat in the L.A. County Coroner's office for years instead of being turned over to the LAPD. Both Det James Nuttall, and DNA analyst Jennifer Francis just happened to be ethical people who wanted to solve the crime and both of them seemed to be shunned by many of their coworkers and superiors.

Old 05-29-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
3:17 to 3:25 in the video above. She's rattled.
This may be a similar clip to the one posted earlier on this thread that is no longer available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNkIvrmUiC0

Old 06-11-2019, 05:24 PM

I don't recall hearing anything about this previously. Apparently Sherri's older sister Connie, who is also a nurse, was caught stealing $365K from her employer and was sent to prison around the same time Stephanie was arrested.

https://tucson.com/news/local/crime/...7367b0afb.html

I'm still reading The Lazarus Files. Almost done.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I don't recall hearing anything about this previously. Apparently Sherri's older sister Connie, who is also a nurse, was caught stealing $365K from her employer and was sent to prison around the same time Stephanie was arrested.
I had never heard that, either. You wonder about what the impact of a murder of a family member on someone would be.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:17 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,439,804 times
I watched the police interview with Stephanie Lazarus. She kept trying to deflect over and over again. Rattled on and on about irrelevant topics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime