Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 02:47 AM

150 posts, read 696,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leachz View Post
I personally don't think any of the "chain" restaurants are anything special, to be honest. Coming from a city that has some really good authentic Mexican food, I found that I just couldn't find anything that compares since I've been in the NW. My mom and I are actually on a mission to find the best Mexican restaurant in the Tri-Cities, lol.
You should keep busy! We have hundreds of Mexican restaurants in the Tri-Cities...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 11:05 PM

21 posts, read 130,642 times
Casa Chapala ... if it's still open?? YUM.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:38 AM

11 posts, read 124,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcres View Post
You should keep busy! We have hundreds of Mexican restaurants in the Tri-Cities...
Yes! This will definitely keep us busy. We love Mexican food so much, and its always fun to try new places. We haven't been out in a while, though.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:12 AM

3,223 posts, read 10,106,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe1 View Post
Casa Chapala ... if it's still open?? YUM.
Are you talking about the one on Columbia Drive just east of Washington Street? I was when I went there last July, I liked their food and their service.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:56 AM

17,218 posts, read 57,118,560 times
Casa Chapala actually went out of business a couple of years ago. Cinco De Mayo bought their location on Columbia Center Blvd. Chapala Express was a separate business at that time and stayed open.

I'm not certain how this was accomplished, but, one of the original owners of Casa Chapala regained ownership of the location in Kennewick on Canal Drive - it's now called El Chapala. Pretty much the same as it was before if you ask me. They also own Kiko's Tacos over in S.E. Kennewick, and I think Chapala Express is now part of this same business.

I like them, good food and service at a good price. I like the food at Inca just a little better but do go to Chapala Express for lunch pretty often.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Casa Chapala actually went out of business a couple of years ago. Cinco De Mayo bought their location on Columbia Center Blvd. Chapala Express was a separate business at that time and stayed open.

I'm not certain how this was accomplished, but, one of the original owners of Casa Chapala regained ownership of the location in Kennewick on Canal Drive - it's now called El Chapala. Pretty much the same as it was before if you ask me. They also own Kiko's Tacos over in S.E. Kennewick, and I think Chapala Express is now part of this same business.

I like them, good food and service at a good price. I like the food at Inca just a little better but do go to Chapala Express for lunch pretty often.
I was at the Chapala Express just two days ago and their food was really good along with great service, I also like the food at Inca better myself, one thing what surprised me about the Chapala Express is that you have to pay first to get your food as opposed to paying your food after you're done eating, how good is Kiko's Tacos? Is that the taco place on S. Washington Street near the hospital?

Old 10-10-2008, 01:08 PM

Yes, that's them, it's all the same outfit so very similar. At least I thought so. The menu is maybe a little different at Kiko's, don't remember off the top of my head.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:54 AM

280 posts, read 1,136,488 times
We've tried probably 10 different Mexican places so far in the 6 months we've been out here.

The best:
By far our favorite is Garibaldi's in Pasco, great authentic mexican seafood dishes and the best restaurant guacamole I've ever had.

Avacado Grill in West Richland is good for a mexican counter service place, nothing fancy but the food was really good.

The not as good:
3 Margarita's in Richland, boring food and not so good service. Others love it though so maybe I just had a bad experience.

The one over by the new Target and Walmart in West Richland, I don't remember the name.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post

I thought El Chapala was located on Columbia Drive just east of Washington Street.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:00 PM

You are right, El Chapala is on *Columbia* not *Canal*.

A big tip of my hat to the "too clever by half" guy who decided all the main East-West streets in Kennewick should have names starting with a "C"...

I think the rest of my thumbnail history of the business is accurate, though..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities