Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2024, 01:07 PM

2,391 posts, read 1,786,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo7tango View Post
This weekend I’ll be driving 200 miles with my wife to a weekend gathering of Porsche 356 fans. For those unfamiliar, the 356 was the first car manufactured by Porsche. They were made from 1948 to 1965.

Here’s the wiki page
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_356

It’s just for the weekend but it should be a nice break.
It is a really good turnout today. Heavy rains were forecasted but the rain is holding off. I took some pictures.

https://imgur.com/gallery/2qqFl6A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 08:25 AM

22,449 posts, read 29,611,440 times
There's a slight possibility that we may be going on another fully paid for Lexus trip in July. Hoping he wins! It's to Bahia Mar in Bahamas!

Old 05-08-2024, 10:27 AM

1 posts, read 369 times
This year Los Angeles in June
Fiji in June to Beqa Island
Cozumel in July with Blue Note Scuba

Old 05-08-2024, 10:44 PM

19,939 posts, read 22,876,819 times
Spending a week on the Oregon coast a few footsteps away from the beach near Tillamook.
Also a long weekend near Red Lodge Montana.

Old 05-09-2024, 12:45 AM

2,079 posts, read 2,401,469 times
I just returned from 2 weeks in London and Paris, my first trip to Europe. Went with a tour group but stayed a few extra days on my own in both cities. Definitely want to go to Europe again in 2025.

Plans for rest of year:
Telluride, Colorado in June
Small ship cruise of Alaska Inside Passage in July
Flagstaff, Arizona in Sept

Looking to add another trip in October. Am thinking about Quebec, Maine, or Olympic National Park if not too cold.

Old 05-10-2024, 08:13 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,786,149 times
Quote:
Quote:
This weekend I’ll be driving 200 miles with my wife to a weekend gathering of Porsche 356 fans. For those unfamiliar, the 356 was the first car manufactured by Porsche. They were made from 1948 to 1965.

Here’s the wiki page
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_356

It’s just for the weekend but it should be a nice break.
It is a really good turnout today. Heavy rains were forecasted but the rain is holding off. I took some pictures.

https://imgur.com/gallery/2qqFl6A
Last weekend’s Porsche 356 annual gathering is called “North Meets South”, when the two large 356 clubs of Northern California and Southern California gather in the middle of the state. In October my wife and I plan to drive to Santa Barbara for another annual gathering, a larger one with the 356 clubs of the western US and called the WCH, or the Porsche 356 West Coast Holiday.

Some pics of our 356 thru the years ➜ https://imgur.com/gallery/aceAtWF

Old 05-21-2024, 03:29 AM

42 posts, read 28,870 times
I'm really looking forward to visiting South Korea later this year. It will be my first time there and I can't wait to experience the culture, food and beautiful scenery. I've heard the autumn foliage is especially beautiful around Seoul. While I'm still finalizing details, I've started connecting with local guides on https://gowithguide.com/korea to help personalize my itinerary. It would be great to explore some parks and hike in the countryside if time allows. I hope the trip gives me a new appreciation for the country and its people.

Old 05-25-2024, 04:09 PM

578 posts, read 294,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityandmore View Post
I'm really looking forward to visiting South Korea later this year. It will be my first time there and I can't wait to experience the culture, food and beautiful scenery. I've heard the autumn foliage is especially beautiful around Seoul. While I'm still finalizing details, I've started connecting with local guides on https://gowithguide.com/korea to help personalize my itinerary. It would be great to explore some parks and hike in the countryside if time allows. I hope the trip gives me a new appreciation for the country and its people.
We joined a week long food tour across South Korea last November and loved it. Beautiful country and very friendly people. Most of the food was great but I barely got my sample of hongeo down and DW said absolutely not. The seafood market in Busan was amazing. Our guide said that Koreans like their seafood fresh and at that market fresh means moving. I was unaware that the north captured almost the entire peninsula except Busan in the first months of the war. Very interesting history. BTW, the metro from ICN to downtown is easy and inexpensive.

Just booked a night in Seattle and three in Victoria this August. We'll be flying to Victoria on a seaplane taking off from Lake Union. That'll be a first for us. We've been to Victoria several times but this will be our first visit to Butchart Gardens.

Old 05-25-2024, 05:47 PM

2,388 posts, read 1,587,282 times
Thinking of a trip down the Western Australian coast, from Broome to Perth. Logistics are difficult to work through though. Locals tell me the drive is very boring but smaller cruises are horrifically expensive. No trains, no public transport except a twice a week bus which takes 36 hours. One of the world’s most remote regions.

Old 05-26-2024, 12:31 PM

22,449 posts, read 29,611,440 times
We'll know in a week if we won the trip to Bahia Mar. Hoping so but that means hitting gym extra hard till 7/19!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel