Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2023, 08:02 AM

8,144 posts, read 8,338,067 times

Advertisements

There’s a NOTES section on my ipad and that’s where I maintain a listing of my passwords. I have never been hacked, but lately I am wondering if that’s a safe place or not? I don’t trust any of the apps for safekeeping passwords, and I don’t want to put this info on my cloud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2023, 08:04 AM

3,687 posts, read 2,408,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
There’s a NOTES section on my ipad and that’s where I maintain a listing of my passwords. I have never been hacked, but lately I am wondering if that’s a safe place or not? I don’t trust any of the apps for safekeeping passwords, and I don’t want to put this info on my cloud.
I won't say but it's not in icloud and rarely on paper.

And I use codewords for the sites and also use code world for the passwords.

I have hundreds of them that I can retrieve quickly. Hard to hack, IMO.

Old 09-10-2023, 09:31 AM

6,624 posts, read 7,334,922 times
Pass words for non important accounts are in my browser and and LastPass. Also on the following spreadsheet.
Financial related passwords are on my computer in an encrypted password protected spreadsheet. I have printed the spreadsheet from time to time and put it in my safe.

I also avoid logging into financial sites if I am not on my home network.

Old 09-11-2023, 10:10 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
I won't say but it's not in icloud and rarely on paper.
Seriously?

@OP, the Notes app on your iPad is as good a place as any. Although you absolutely should be backing that up to your iCloud. There's zero reason not to. No one is going to hack that. You may already be backing it up and just don't realize.

https://support.apple.com/guide/iclo...5520792/icloud

Old 09-13-2023, 08:56 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Use 1Password.
Spend the money.
I have for over a decade.

Old 09-20-2023, 01:25 AM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Google password manager for everything that is not money related or privacy sensitive. Shopping linked to credit cards and banking isn't stored online. There are just few, so it's not a big deal. They are written down (on a paper) in my own "encryption" meaning that if someone even would find it, they won't make any sense to them.
I also use bank virtual credit cards, for extra protection, and two step verifications.

Old 10-05-2023, 05:13 AM

12 posts, read 7,522 times
I use KeePassXC. I have had no problems and I have all my passwords by a click.
In iPadOs there is an App for use it called StrongBox.

If not I suggest you to make a list on a spredsheet in Excel and secure it with a password and compress the file with another password.

Old 10-05-2023, 12:43 PM

6,589 posts, read 11,277,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
"safe" is relative.

If you never take your ipad out and/or have all the security controls enabled (passcode/FaceID) - then it's safer than someone that doesn't do that.

If you're going to use Notes to keep your password at least make that note a secured note. But in general, use a password manager. That's what they are designed to do. If there is a mistrust/perceptions of greedy corporations giving zero F's for your info - there are opensource alternatives. And you can also incorporate your own best practices to it as well.

Like Eonia - I go the old fashioned way. I use KeePass and Strongbox. I keep my database in the cloud so it can be accessed from different devices/locations. But - not only is the DB encrypted through the application. That DB is actually stored in a filestore/image that is also encrypted.

Just one opinion, of course.

Old 10-22-2023, 05:47 AM

3,687 posts, read 2,408,199 times
Email every password to myself. Put it into folder in email.

It's a partial password and website or account.

Can't be identified.

I keep hundreds.

Some are years old.

The most Important...about 50...are also written down in code.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Tablets