Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 05:51 PM

3,593 posts, read 9,475,612 times

Advertisements

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns-3zD...UgbnkgaG90ZWxz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2023, 07:25 PM

94,322 posts, read 125,266,732 times
Can’t view the videos above.

Old 05-05-2024, 04:09 PM

The Syracuse area now has 8,500 hotel rooms

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/ce...rtage-syracuse

Syracuse recently sold out all 8,500 hotel rooms it has for one of those busy weekends

Old 05-05-2024, 10:34 PM

The area will need more, if it is going to be able to host events like the NCAA Tournament again in the future. These changes have made it to where the area is below the minimum, if I'm not mistaken.

Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM

I honestly think half the hotels in Onondaga County should be shut down.

I was trying research the best hotels and I could barely find a dozen.

How is Syracuse going to get a good reputation if visitors staying in a local hotel have a terrible experience.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyw7sJJEuWw

Old Yesterday, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
The area will need more, if it is going to be able to host events like the NCAA Tournament again in the future. These changes have made it to where the area is below the minimum, if I'm not mistaken.
There are only 6 New hotels proposed. Onondaga County could use about 40 New hotels so the run down hotels have enough competition to either close or renovate.

Old Yesterday, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellafinzi View Post
I honestly think half the hotels in Onondaga County should be shut down.

I was trying research the best hotels and I could barely find a dozen.

How is Syracuse going to get a good reputation if visitors staying in a local hotel have a terrible experience.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyw7sJJEuWw
Is this in the area? Ok, I know where that is and it is in an area that is essentially separated from the rest of the hotels in the area. So, this is something that is not exclusive to the area.

Here is a street view: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1159...5410&entry=ttu So, it is basically the only hotel in an industrial business area. Meaning, I'm not sure what he was expecting and it isn't indicative of most hotels in the area.

Anyway, there are plenty of newer hotels that have been built, but if they are converting some for housing, more will have to be built.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; Yesterday at 02:13 PM..

Old Yesterday, 02:11 PM

Quote:
There are only 6 New hotels proposed. Onondaga County could use about 40 New hotels so the run down hotels have enough competition to either close or renovate.
If you check out the some of the community information programs, segments and articles, there is interest in terms of building more hotels, but the current interest rates are in the way for some developers. So, this may be a matter not of if, but when more hotels are built.

Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM

https://www.waer.org/news/2024-06-04...el-development

"Onondaga County has unveiled a couple of plans to get more hotel rooms in Syracuse. The first idea is to find someone to build a 200-room convention center hotel on a county-owned parking lot one block away from the Oncenter. The second is to develop a fund to encourage the building of other hotels. County Executive Ryan McMahon says with Micron and other businesses moving in, the economic future is bright."

I just hope it isn't another gray, brown, black or red brick building in downtown Syracuse.

I think it is time for Syracuse to start looking more modern with a blue glass skyscraper.

In my opinion blue glass skyscrapers make a cloudy city look less depressing. Just look at Toronto.

Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM

Quote:
https://www.waer.org/news/2024-06-04...el-development

"Onondaga County has unveiled a couple of plans to get more hotel rooms in Syracuse. The first idea is to find someone to build a 200-room convention center hotel on a county-owned parking lot one block away from the Oncenter. The second is to develop a fund to encourage the building of other hotels. County Executive Ryan McMahon says with Micron and other businesses moving in, the economic future is bright."

I just hope it isn't another gray, brown, black or red brick building in downtown Syracuse.

I think it is time for Syracuse to start looking more modern with a blue glass skyscraper.

In my opinion blue glass skyscrapers make a cloudy city look less depressing. Just look at Toronto.
Most hotels aren’t glass skyscrapers though. So, that isn’t necessarily realistic.

Again, Syracuse just needs to be itself, but do so reasonably and purposefully. Meaning, that the economic growth gets to those that need it and needed it for a while.

Also, hotels will likely be in other hotel concentrations across the county/area like 7th North Street, Carrier Circle, near airport/South Bay Road, etc. versus the location of the hotel in that guys video, which is in the town of Geddes in a odd location near I-690. You may also get new concentrations in say the Inner Harbor or more in the Route 31 and Erie Bouelvard East corridors. Maybe around the State Fair in whatever available land as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area