Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 12:01 PM

927 posts, read 757,826 times

Advertisements

South Florida. I met a man who had taken too much colloidal silver and had turned blue. Not bright blue like the Blue Men group in Las Vegas. He was white and was now brown with a definite bluish tint. His friends told me "Don't mention it when he shows up, he's so sick of that."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2023, 12:28 PM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
...D should be taken with K2(Life extension) and magnesium to keep your arteries clear of calcium
https://chriskresser.com/vitamin-k2-...sing-nutrient/
I've been on this regimen for 9 years. In that time, my Coronary Artery Calcium score has increased.

Not stayed the same, not decreased. Admittedly, there's a chance that this regimen slowed the rate of the increase, but I'm majorly disappointed in this regard.

Old 06-19-2023, 02:01 AM

1,972 posts, read 1,099,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
I've been on this regimen for 9 years. In that time, my Coronary Artery Calcium score has increased.

Not stayed the same, not decreased. Admittedly, there's a chance that this regimen slowed the rate of the increase, but I'm majorly disappointed in this regard.
If taking mk7 K2, many brands are selling a form that isn't bioavailable.

Much less confusion with taking mk4 version of K2, and this is traditional form we have consumed. Natto is the only source of mk7

How much calcium do supplement, most people recommend against taking it

Old 06-19-2023, 03:38 AM

3,499 posts, read 1,744,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Very true. I happen to love grapefruit in all its forms. I also choose naturally sourced flavorings over fakes. One recently prescribed med I'll probably need to stay on forever includes this warning. While I miss, miss, miss grapefruit there are safer alternative citrus fruits. Took a while to retrain my brain/hand from automatically selecting grapefruit anything off grocery store shelves !

A general overview:

https://www.goodrx.com/healthcare-ac...apefruit-juice
There are conflicting studies regarding grapefruit causing breast cancer, I took it out of my diet a long time ago for this reason.

Old 06-20-2023, 01:41 PM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times
Quote:
If taking mk7 K2, many brands are selling a form that isn't bioavailable.
I've been using the Jarrow brand.

Quote:
Much less confusion with taking mk4 version of K2, and this is traditional form we have consumed. Natto is the only source of mk7
Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of the MK4 version.

Quote:
How much calcium do supplement, most people recommend against taking it
110 mg/day

Old 06-20-2023, 03:34 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
There are conflicting studies regarding grapefruit causing breast cancer, I took it out of my diet a long time ago for this reason.
After doing some reading about it, IMHO a better way to put this is that eating more than a specific amount of fresh grapefruit/juice every day increases a person's risk of developing estrogen-influenced health conditions. Including but not limited to breast cancer. Dietary grapefruit is known to inhibit the normal breakdown of estrogen. Yes, a higher level of estrogen influences breast tissue but it affects other systems as well. It's not as cut and dried as "eating grapefruit causes breast cancer". If a person has other risk factors (such as being a postmenopausal woman, on HRT, previous use of birth control, someone with family history), daily consumption of fresh grapefruit doesn't sound like a great idea. Grapefruit in isolation creating the risk? Not so much. As with so many other dietary things, going all scorched earth policy probably isn't necessary. Awareness and moderation. Indulging in fresh grapefruit once in a while may not matter.

A couple of sources:

https://healthfully.com/108077-estrogen-grapefruit.html

https://healthfully.com/108077-estrogen-grapefruit.html

https://herkare.com/blog/estrogen-re...pefruit-juice/

Last edited by Parnassia; 06-20-2023 at 04:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements