Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 09:22 AM

1 posts, read 415 times

Advertisements

They say we don't have the technology to research the spook lights. I have been doing some research on them. I am not a scientist nor do I have any scientific background but I am very keen on common sense. Now I know everyone's level of common sense is different. I am asking you not to take that comment the wrong way.

With my research, I am basing my methods on information from Paranormal Caught on Camera, Discovery Channels Fact or Fiction, Youtube Videos, and various publications.

People who have gone to see the Spook Lights have noted that the Spook Light changes locations when you get close enough to them. Why would this happen? I believe that it is either to confuse the spectators or that there may be a different reason. I believe this theory has a little fiction feel to it. It might be some sort of map. I am guessing that if you go to the other location the Spook Light relocates to, it will relocate again. Now it may just go back to the original location. That is why I said it might be a way to confuse spectators. But if I am right and it relocates a second time to a different location then I would keep following it till either the trail ends or a location pattern can be confirmed.

If the relocation of Spook lights goes off in a trail then it can mean one of two things. Either it is leading to a certain location of importance or you can now do testing in each of the locations to identify similarities in each area. This would help to Identify what the spook lights truly are.

If there is a location pattern where the locations intersect, then it may be a general area where something important can be found. Or a specific location located by ley lines.

All I know is that my common sense tells me that if I had the resources and the time I would get a high-powered laser pointer and point it at the spook light. Then I would program a drone to follow that laser till it relocates. Mark the point and head directly to the new location doing it over and over till one of the above instances can be confirmed. Even if it just moves from one point to the other then we can Identify similarities in those two locations. similarities like Air pockets, air density, radiation, chemical makeup, humidity, and anything else scientists can think of. Having multiple locations to research may give a key to finding out what exactly the Spook Lights are once and for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2022, 02:56 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,141,549 times
Spook light! I know Spook Light! I've seen it a few times, and my parents, grandparents, and my uncle and all my siblings have seen Spook Light.

When I've seen it, it was just an orb of light...nothing super remarkable about it, slowly coming toward us, but bouncing back and forth across the road. It would get closer to us, but then it would back off to it's starting point, and start over again.

My mom recalls the time her and my dad were on a double date, and my mom and dad had gotten out of the car and were walking on the road a little bit. The Spook Light loomed up to them and chased them back to the car. They got into the car real fast, and the Spook Light jumped over the car and kept going.

The museum has been long gone...and when I saw the museum...it wasn't really more than a mostly abandoned shack. I seem to recall there was ONE person...an older man, who you could ask questions of.

Here's a link that gives directions and talks about it...
The Hornet Spooklight, in the Tri-State Area

Old 09-07-2022, 10:28 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,336,963 times
What's the story behind it? Stuff like this doesn't scare me but I certainly would have my AR15 with me in case it became hostile!

Old 09-12-2022, 12:24 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,141,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOforthewin View Post
What's the story behind it? Stuff like this doesn't scare me but I certainly would have my AR15 with me in case it became hostile!
All the times I've seen it, I've never been afraid of it. To me, it's a curiosity...it's interesting.

Folklore has 2 stories about it. One of them is, an Indian is looking for his lost love. Another one is someone looking for their lost child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area