Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 01:48 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Apparently, you have not been paying attention.

I haven't vetted the rest of the site, but this article is pretty much "spot on" about who is funding woke DA's. DA's who will not prosecute the criminal that attacks a citizen, but will prosecute a citizen for defending against a criminal (as Kim Gardner did).
https://www.redvoicemedia.com/2021/1...h-crime-rates/

And this article discusses a little of her handiwork:
https://nypost.com/2022/01/17/cracki...-prosecutor-2/
The articles you referenced says a lot about you and how people like you think.

I don't have the time to go back and forth with you. If you choose to digests this information that is your choice. Don't tell people one is guilty of something illegal when that is not the case.

Last edited by mjtinmemphis; 07-01-2022 at 02:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2022, 03:12 PM

8,924 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
The articles you referenced says a lot about you and how people like you think.
Yep. Me, and people like me prefer to deal in fact, rather than the fictions of the MSM and Leftists.

Quote:
I don't have the time to go back and forth with you. If you choose to digests this information that is your choice.
You haven't provided any "information," and I have plenty on this subject, already. A fiction was presented, and I countered with fact. A question was asked and I provided evidence.

Quote:
Don't tell people one is guilty of something illegal when that is not the case.
I never actually said anyone was guilty of any particular crime. I said she is corrupt.

From Dictionary dot com: Corrupt
2. debased in character; depraved; perverted; wicked; evil:
a corrupt society.

She has demonstrated that quality.

Now, since the above does not pertain to Springfield, I suggest we quit the rabbit chase and get back to why Springfield has a problem with drugs and other crime.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffconsiglio View Post
Springfield is a very rare example of a city which is NOT totally democrat-run, yet still has a lot of crime on a per-capita basis.
Most of which is meth related.
And of course a lot of the meth is coming from Mexico,
But meth is a symptom (that creates its own problems) of mental illness, as is homelessness (usually). So, I have to wonder, what is it that attracts the mentally ill to Springfield, or what causes mental illness to spread among some people there. Usually, it indicates a climate, for some reason, that seems attractive to the mentally ill.

The other kind of crime, "just plain evil" people, also seem attracted to certain places. Frankly, the only thing I see in Springfield that may be attractive to them, are the highways. Springfield is at the crossroads of US 65 and I-44.

Quote:
But keep in mind that I voted for Bill Clinton (before I realized he's ...
I have a lot of disagreements with Bill Clinton, but I suspect he isn't as evil as some people have made him out to be. One thing the "pound me too" movement taught me, was that most of that kind of information is unreliable. Not saying he is an angel, but just not as bad as portrayed.

Old 07-01-2022, 04:18 PM

589 posts, read 1,106,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Yep. Me, and people like me prefer to deal in fact, rather than the fictions of the MSM and Leftists.

You haven't provided any "information," and I have plenty on this subject, already. A fiction was presented, and I countered with fact. A question was asked and I provided evidence.

I never actually said anyone was guilty of any particular crime. I said she is corrupt.

From Dictionary dot com: Corrupt
2. debased in character; depraved; perverted; wicked; evil:
a corrupt society.

She has demonstrated that quality.

Now, since the above does not pertain to Springfield, I suggest we quit the rabbit chase and get back to why Springfield has a problem with drugs and other crime.
Wouldn't drugs be the tool, under your line of thought.

Old 07-02-2022, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCityMike View Post
Wouldn't drugs be the tool, under your line of thought.
Well, then, who is wielding the tool?

Old 07-26-2022, 03:11 AM

Quote:
So yeah...I'm 100% definitely moving back to my former hometown of Springfield to live and start a personal training business. I'm very excited to revisit my old stomping grounds.
I hope you will keep us up to date on how things go, and how you see different parts of the city, once you move back there.

Old 07-28-2022, 10:23 AM

19 posts, read 35,279 times
I think I've actually decided against Springfield. Not due to crime, but rather because I don't know a soul there anymore. (Been almost 25 years since I lived there)

I'll already probably be a bit down in the dumps mentally, due to divorce and being separated from my kids, so moving to a place where I don't know anyone might be a bit more than I'll be able to handle mentally/emotionally.

So, I'm either moving to Columbia or Jefferson City instead, to be near my brother (he lives in Columbia), who I'm close to. Plus I have a few friends in that part of MO as well. Not real close friends, but at least very friendly acquaintances.

I still think Springfield might be an overall better place in many ways, but, given my current and upcoming life circumstances, friends and family are proving to be a bigger factor in my relocation decision than geography.

I'd actually rather just stay here in California until my daughter is done with high school (my son is now a working, legal adult), but I simply can not afford $2,000 per-month rent on a personal trainer's income. Plus gas, food, taxes, etc. are all higher here too.

Additionally, I don't think my kids will be able to afford to live here in CA either. I therefore feel a pressing need to have things setup in Missouri, so that they'll have a much more affordable living option waiting for them, as compared to trying to rent a place in overpriced CA.

There's no "perfect" place, but central Missouri is about as good as it's going to get for me, at this stage of the game. And truthfully, Columbia and Jefferson City are both decent places overall.

Old 07-28-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
I think I've actually decided against Springfield.

There's no "perfect" place, but central Missouri is about as good as it's going to get for me, at this stage of the game. And truthfully, Columbia and Jefferson City are both decent places overall.
Sounds like you are making a rational decision.

Old 09-10-2022, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 964 times
Default Living in Springfield

I've lived in the Robberson neighborhood of Springfield since 2004. It's like anywhere else with one or two exceptions.
If you just moved from a big city, you won't have much trouble with crime because you know how to act. If you are moving from a more rural area, you should immediately touch base with the Good Ol Boys network that runs this City (that thinks it is still a town).
You won't get much government service here, but maybe that is everywhere.
The crime rate here is mostly among the homeless and drunk rednecks. Stay out of dive bars and dark wooded areas and you'll be fine.
Missouri has an open carry policy, so if you won't get a gun taken away from you, by all means carry something. Then you will be even better. And who knows, you might even take down a mass shooter.
Springfield still offers a lot of bang for the buck in housing. However, because of the unreliability of the Real Estate industry here, it is suggested that you read up on Vol 18 of the Revised Statutes of Missouri and then consider buying straight from the owner on a Contract for Deed because Missouri has some protections for the buyer that other states do not. And a Real Estate agent will never tell you this.
The tougher you are, the less you will pay for a house.
If you are not tough at all, consider Rogersville or Bolivar.

Old 12-06-2022, 09:14 PM

3 posts, read 2,632 times
Your comments on housing intrigued me as you stated "Springfield still offers a lot of bang for the buck in housing. However, because of the unreliability of the Real Estate industry here, it is suggested that you read up on Vol 18 of the Revised Statutes of Missouri and then consider buying straight from the owner on a Contract for Deed because Missouri has some protections for the buyer that other states do not. And a Real Estate agent will never tell you this. The tougher you are, the less you will pay for a house."

I moved down here from Iowa 2 years ago and have been searching for a house. No one could have predicted how the housing market would turn upside down, but I'm still looking for a house after all this time as it's hard to compete with people that will pay $10,000-$20,000 more than the asking price, waive home inspections, compete with investors buying real estate, homes going to pending within a couple of days of being listed and the influx of people from out of state. I'm sure I've missed some of the obstacles (for those of us that aren't rich) but please explain more about what you've stated as maybe it will help me in some way. Oh, yes, the original topic was the high crime rate, and I've tried to stay away from central Springfield, and I'd preferably like to live in one of the surrounding towns. Unfortunately, most of what I'm finding in my price range are all on the north side.

What part of Vol 18 in particular are you speaking of? What are these protections for buyers that other states don't have? Why won't a real estate agent divulge this? And exactly what do you mean by "the tougher you are, the less you will pay for a house".

Any clarification would be appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area