Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2023, 02:39 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,566,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
How's that living in federally subsidized housing working out for ya, Mlulu?
Well, bless your little heart. Thanks for asking.

Pretty well actually as that isn't where the crime is coming from. We live in a quieter area, and are 62, and older plus handicapped. Have a nice day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2023, 02:41 PM

813 posts, read 441,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Well, bless your little heart. Thanks for asking.

Pretty well actually as that isn't where the crime is coming from. We live in a quieter area, and are 62, and older plus handicapped. Have a nice day.
Good reply. I like your style mlulu

Old 11-22-2023, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickofJersey View Post
Good reply. I like your style mlulu

Why thank you.

Old 11-22-2023, 04:36 PM

17,778 posts, read 13,670,239 times
Not from South Dakota... but I have to deal with Southern Cheyenne guys who live here where I live. . They are "difficult" to say the least. They have cost me a lot of money in my futile attempts to "help" them... but the stories are pretty funny.

You just have to be around them some to appreciate it.

Old 11-22-2023, 05:30 PM

7,027 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Let's not forget some of the attitudes towards Native Americans don't help them any when it comes to something serious. Native Americans have the highest number of missing girls and women in the nation and thanks to news reports and journalists totally ignoring that, nothing much is being done about it. That's terrible considering the amount of nationwide airtime we all see every time a little white girl wanders off somewhere in the woods for a couple hours.

Old 11-22-2023, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Let's not forget some of the attitudes towards Native Americans don't help them any when it comes to something serious. Native Americans have the highest number of missing girls and women in the nation and thanks to news reports and journalists totally ignoring that, nothing much is being done about it. >>>That's terrible considering the amount of nationwide airtime we all see every time a little white girl wanders off somewhere in the woods for a couple hours.
Little girls, and little boys are all equally important, valued, and loved in this world. Or should be. Lets not elevate one, or more groups over others because they are a little darker, or whatever. This works both ways.

Many white children are never seen again alive once kidnapped. That is just as tragic as any of the others. Human trafficking, and abuse exists.

I had posted about missing, and murdered NA women, and girls in an earlier post of mine, post #10 in this thread.

"NAs also have a terrible problem with murdered, and missing NA women, and girls. They have a lot to fight against."

So if I have been aware of this issue then others may be as well. I've known about it for several years. If you do a search using specific terms you will find info on it. It isn't hidden away.

Old 11-22-2023, 06:31 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Let's not forget some of the attitudes towards Native Americans don't help them any when it comes to something serious. Native Americans have the highest number of missing girls and women in the nation and thanks to news reports and journalists totally ignoring that, nothing much is being done about it. That's terrible considering the amount of nationwide airtime we all see every time a little white girl wanders off somewhere in the woods for a couple hours.

Glad you brought that up.

A friend of mine who helps me with outreach to vunerable women would agree. And he's a white man from the Midwest.

Media portrays the image that grabs more views, more chatter, more ad revenue generated.

Old 11-22-2023, 06:37 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
I will say this, I have lived the majority of my life here in South Dakota. I have never once seen real racism. Yes the occasional moron saying something stupid but that is all. I lived one year in North Carolina in the mid 80s and racism is real there.

As to the natives it is my belief that until the reservations no longer exist and people are not treated different it will just keep getting worse. We need some Cultural assimilation and the sooner the better IMHO.

Old 11-22-2023, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I will say this, I have lived the majority of my life here in South Dakota. I have never once seen real racism. Yes the occasional moron saying something stupid but that is all. I lived one year in North Carolina in the mid 80s and racism is real there.

As to the natives it is my belief that until the reservations no longer exist and people are not treated different it will just keep getting worse. We need some Cultural assimilation and the sooner the better IMHO.
Yes, it's too much of an us/them thing going on. And the high crime works against assimilation for many reasons. Plus they want the land back around here. Refused the payout.

Old 11-22-2023, 07:17 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Yes, it's too much of an us/them thing going on. And the high crime works against assimilation for many reasons. Plus they want the land back around here. Refused the payout.
They have already received way more than what was ever taken from their long dead relatives who took it from someone else. The keeping everyone separated has to stop. Yes it will be hard at first but in the long run will be way better for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota