Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2022, 01:02 PM

3 posts, read 2,345 times

Advertisements

Greetings all.

I am planning to move from FL to SD and I have been looking for a motel that has a weekly or monthly rate in Sioux Falls area or somewhere close by. But I haven't had any luck finding one on the searches that I have done online.

I want to know if anyone here can help me? I am just trying to find a motel that is near to plenty of jobs so that I can easily travel to apply for work.
The reason I need a motel that is close to plenty of jobs is because I am going to be traveling with my bicycle when I take my flight up there.

I highly appreciate it if anyone can give me some information. I really don't know where else to ask these questions.

Thank you and have a Blessed day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2022, 05:07 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,597,105 times
You'll get more responses on reddit.com It has a younger demographic and many more South Dakota members.

Good luck to you!

Old 07-04-2022, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
You'll get more responses on reddit.com It has a younger demographic and many more South Dakota members.

Good luck to you!

I will give that a try too, Thanks!! And Thank you!! I need it !!

Old 07-04-2022, 09:00 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRAO407 View Post
Greetings all.

I am planning to move from FL to SD and I have been looking for a motel that has a weekly or monthly rate in Sioux Falls area or somewhere close by. But I haven't had any luck finding one on the searches that I have done online.

I want to know if anyone here can help me? I am just trying to find a motel that is near to plenty of jobs so that I can easily travel to apply for work.
The reason I need a motel that is close to plenty of jobs is because I am going to be traveling with my bicycle when I take my flight up there.

I highly appreciate it if anyone can give me some information. I really don't know where else to ask these questions.

Thank you and have a Blessed day!
There are several in the town and a couple of them are real dumps. Avoid ALL of them on west 12th street. The nicest one I know is the Super 8 on east 10th street. It is right beside Interstate 229 AND right next door to the Fry'n Pan Family Restaurant. The The Fry'n Pan is an excellent full menu old style restaurant with a very affordable menu. There's also an Applebee's about 4 blocks away and an Arby's across the street. A couple blocks to the east is a HyVee grocery store and 3 very decent bars that also have a good food menu. Alpine Inn, Upper Cut, and the Eastway Bowl.

I'm unsure what kind of work you're looking for, but there are signs for hiring all over there as this is a commercial strip, just not industrial. Hell, I'll just bet you that the Fry'n Pan is looking for workers like most restaurants are. You can then just park your bike. I'll guarantee you that HyVee and a very large farm supply store called Runnings which is close would be hiring as well.

Old 07-05-2022, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
There are several in the town and a couple of them are real dumps. Avoid ALL of them on west 12th street. The nicest one I know is the Super 8 on east 10th street. It is right beside Interstate 229 AND right next door to the Fry'n Pan Family Restaurant. The The Fry'n Pan is an excellent full menu old style restaurant with a very affordable menu. There's also an Applebee's about 4 blocks away and an Arby's across the street. A couple blocks to the east is a HyVee grocery store and 3 very decent bars that also have a good food menu. Alpine Inn, Upper Cut, and the Eastway Bowl.

I'm unsure what kind of work you're looking for, but there are signs for hiring all over there as this is a commercial strip, just not industrial. Hell, I'll just bet you that the Fry'n Pan is looking for workers like most restaurants are. You can then just park your bike. I'll guarantee you that HyVee and a very large farm supply store called Runnings which is close would be hiring as well.

I just want a good paying job that will allow me to pay for the motel room for the moment. But if I have to work 2 jobs to make ends meet , Then that wouldn't be a problem.

I highly appreciate your help.

I will be saving this information to my notebook.

Thank you and have a great evening

Old 07-06-2022, 11:12 PM

165 posts, read 145,875 times
Quote:
There are several in the town and a couple of them are real dumps. Avoid ALL of them on west 12th street. The nicest one I know is the Super 8 on east 10th street. It is right beside Interstate 229 AND right next door to the Fry'n Pan Family Restaurant.
I have seen the ones out west on 12th St and they do look kinda seedy to me. If it is still open, there appears to be a residential type motel immediately on the other side of 229 from that Super 8, same road. In that same area, there's a whole string of apartments on Cleveland north of 10th all the way up to Rice St.

As far as areas with a lot of businesses, other areas to look at would be downtown area, 41st St from Minnesota all the way west out to I-29, and also Louise Ave from 26th St down south to 57th st.

I'd also take a look at the Sioux Falls transit map and hours of bus operation. Might have more options if OP can take a bus. Having lived here 9 years, SF doesn't strike me as a very walkable or bikeable town as far as getting to work. Esp in the winter.

Old 07-06-2022, 11:34 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDbp View Post
I have seen the ones out west on 12th St and they do look kinda seedy to me. If it is still open, there appears to be a residential type motel immediately on the other side of 229 from that Super 8, same road. In that same area, there's a whole string of apartments on Cleveland north of 10th all the way up to Rice St.

As far as areas with a lot of businesses, other areas to look at would be downtown area, 41st St from Minnesota all the way west out to I-29, and also Louise Ave from 26th St down south to 57th st.

I'd also take a look at the Sioux Falls transit map and hours of bus operation. Might have more options if OP can take a bus. Having lived here 9 years, SF doesn't strike me as a very walkable or bikeable town as far as getting to work. Esp in the winter.
The other motel you speak of is the Rushmore Motel and that is another of the better options for monthly rates. The OP might want to also check out the Albert Hotel downtown. I can't give any endorsement for it as to quality nowadays, but it's in the middle of downtown and multiple employment opportunities.

I would DEFININTELY avoid the apartments north of 10th on Cleveland Ave up to Rice Street. They have over the years become the home for multiple shootings, stabbings, and drug problems. I'd rank them as probably the most dangerous stretch of apartments in the city. The gas station at 6th and Cleveland between these apartments has kind of turned into the universal meeting place for the derelicts of this town.

The SF transit buses run down east 10th street. In fact, there's a bus stop in front of the Fry'n Pan. Through out the city, bus service can be somewhat limited.

Sioux Falls is a great city to bike in for pleasure with it's river greenway, but to get around on for work it can be quite tough because it's such a large city as to square miles. Sioux Falls is actually bigger in physical size than the other more well known city with SF as it's initials, San Francisco.

You're right biking in the winter definitely sucks here.

Last edited by jmgg; 07-06-2022 at 11:43 PM..

Old 07-07-2022, 12:22 AM

165 posts, read 145,875 times
Quote:
You're right biking in the winter definitely sucks here.
I used to work with a guy who biked to work up to N Lewis Ave and 60th St. Year round. But he was a beast as far as biking. I know there's a local group who does a New Year's Day ride every year regardless of weather!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
View detailed profiles of: