Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2021, 02:31 PM

7,649 posts, read 4,603,757 times

Advertisements

Just wrapped up my annual pilgrimage home. Spent some time at the lake in the Northeast a bit. Saw family. Talked big around the campfires. The Lodge had been improved over the year.

But the cherry on top was our last night in we swung by Brandon for ice cream, catching it before close. We order our stuff, we pull up to pay. "No charge. The guy in front paid for you." I must say I was caught off guard. So the cashier sensed my confusion and said....if you want you can just pay for the guy behind you. It's been doing this for 15 cars now. I continued it to 16 (for less mind you) and thought to myself...15 people in a row all had the opportunity to simply pocket a win and move on and nobody would be the wiser....no doubt some of them faced a larger bill following than the one they were presented with.

As we enjoyed our ice cream I asked the family....what are the odds of that happening in SV? All were easily like...0. What about 2 people? There we were split. If the person was wealthy and the bill was lower, they thought maybe they could get to 2, but it's less likely than the person who first overpaid would have their money pocketed by the cashier.

For those that are considering moving to the area, take a moment to plan your community involvement. Realize that's a big component in the area. It's what makes it special.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls