Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2023, 10:31 AM

37,313 posts, read 59,984,996 times

Advertisements

https://www.ktbs.com/news/la-tech-mo...c95e6e10b.html

My husband got call from friend who told him about Annie Richardson’s death
They both worked with her husband Peter in o/g industry—Peter was broker—
My husband wasn't as close to him as the friend who called—he was very close to Peter when he was living in Shreveport…now he lives down in Fl panhandle. They may have gone to LSU together…
Peter and Annie lost their son Cole in January of this year so Peter has already been devastated by one loss…

The story the friend told my husband is different from this news article in several details

Annie Richardson and two friends were coming out of a gym on campus after working out and heard/saw the guy attacking another woman—instead of getting help/calling security, it sounds like one of the women in Annie’s group rushed over and the others went with her and tried to get the guy to stop.

He took out a knife and went after them—cut one on her face and cut Annie’s neck—and at least one other woman

It sounds like the woman who was being assaulted (a grad student) was least hurt—at least she didn’t go to hospital

Just very, very sad and a real lesson about why people really put themselves at risk when they try to stop altercations like this—
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2023, 01:22 PM

3,080 posts, read 8,038,268 times
This is really sickening! The La Tech campus has been safe up until now. We all share the grief of the husband who also lost his son a few months ago. People are all asking why ? Who is this? What can we do? What needs to happen to change this?

Around the same time, a shooting in a YMCA parking lot left one dead in Shreveport. Can't be safe anywhere anymore. Collectively, the whole United States is under siege. We Americans are sick of it!

Vigilanti justice is going to be the result of this pandering of criminals. the main problem with that is that the DAs-judicial system will make damn sure those fighting criminals get put under the jail. Everything's the opposite of what it once was, what a corrupt system we live under. My apologies for rambling on.

Old 11-17-2023, 07:09 PM

16,510 posts, read 26,378,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
This is really sickening! The La Tech campus has been safe up until now. We all share the grief of the husband who also lost his son a few months ago. People are all asking why ? Who is this? What can we do? What needs to happen to change this?

Around the same time, a shooting in a YMCA parking lot left one dead in Shreveport. Can't be safe anywhere anymore. Collectively, the whole United States is under siege. We Americans are sick of it!

Vigilanti justice is going to be the result of this pandering of criminals. the main problem with that is that the DAs-judicial system will make damn sure those fighting criminals get put under the jail. Everything's the opposite of what it once was, what a corrupt system we live under. My apologies for rambling on.
Stop it old man, crime around the world, and in the US is still on a decline. Stop watching the news.

Old 05-08-2024, 02:05 PM

2,147 posts, read 1,075,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Stop it old man, crime around the world, and in the US is still on a decline. Stop watching the news.
The crime around here (I live in Ruston) is worse than it has been. Also in Shreveport, the killing of several people at a Volero Store a few months back took the life of my best friend's nephew. He went in a store to get his son a coke. Shot dead. Family waiting outside in the car.
It may be declining, but everything is just as corrupt as the guy said. And NO, we won't stop watching the news. Wow.

Last edited by Lizap; Today at 04:36 PM..

Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM

2,017 posts, read 995,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsamillion View Post
The crime around here (I live in Ruston) is worse than it has been. Also in Shreveport, the killing of several people at a Volero Store a few months back took the life of my best friend's nephew. He went in a store to get his son a coke. Shot dead. Family waiting outside in the car.
It may be declining, but everything is just as corrupt as the guy said. And NO, we won't stop watching the news. Wow.
It is sad what the world is turning into.

Last edited by Lizap; Today at 04:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City