Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 09:24 PM

443 posts, read 1,566,572 times

Advertisements

I lived in Shreveport 20 years ago for about 5 years, parents still live just across the border in Texas. One thing that stands out about Shreveport is the utter lack of good schools. I live in Frisco, Tx now and I could throw a rock and hit a school that has better academics than any school in Shreport or Bossier including the highly lauded(by locals) Caddo Magnet. I could go 15 miles in every direction from my house and find schools that beat or Equal to the best high school in Shreveport Bossier. Thats pretty sad, I don’t see the area getting better with that education base. It’s also interesting that even locals on the forum sound depressed. Texans probably brag a bit too much, but that’s better than what you find over here and I don’t blame the negative posts, I got the hell out also. Just not a lot of upside other than cheap housing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2018, 03:30 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,228 times
Shreveport used to have a good economy, it was founded as...a port city. That said, I was born in the 80s. Shreveport wa a dead end, and I got out and life is far better, now. If you dont like it, move. Life improves when you take action.

Old 04-24-2020, 10:43 AM

1,901 posts, read 3,084,294 times
...has it been 2 years already??

Old 05-12-2020, 03:50 AM

355 posts, read 225,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
My wife and I have been city shopping for a year now and have narrowed it down to Atlanta or San Francisco, depending on the cash flow of our small business by the 3rd quarter...either way come July, we are out of Shreveport!
San Francisco has brutally high taxes. And people are leaving the city.

Don't know much about Atlanta.

Do you have kids? If so, you're going to be shopping for a school district.

Old 05-12-2020, 07:50 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,020,368 times
This is an old thread. I believe Chilly went to Atlanta.
I don't believe that SF has that high of tax compared to Chicago, New York City, New Jersey, Connecticut.
What is brutal about San Francisco is the price of real estate.

Shreveport, for being in low tax Louisiana, has some higher taxes than other cities in the state. Especially property tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City