Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2023, 06:24 AM

8,044 posts, read 10,638,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
That is true, some stores do require that. In my experience they want them hung and put back on racks in the dressing room for the staff to restock

But what do you do with them if you don't hang them? Leave them on the floor, put them in a neat pile on the bench, throw them over the dressing room door?

I would put them neatly on the bench and probably folded. I'm just hardwired that way, I can't help it.

I'm sure I took a pic of the dressing room when that lady was done with it but it was on an old flip phone.
The same people that just leave their tried on tried on clothes on the floor, etc. are the same lazy sloths who can't bother to put their shopping carts back in the cart bin. No excuse but laziness and poor character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2023, 07:35 AM

6,589 posts, read 4,977,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
When it comes to our medical care, this kind of outsourcing of calls and shoddy service should not be allowed. They make way too much money not to have staff in their offices who are easily reachable by their patients.

In addition to the nightmare I am having trying to apply for Marketplace insurance, I am also my elderly mother's care giver, and have also had a horrible time coordinating her care and appointments, etc., because her doctor's group has outsourced all of their calls. At this time, they are English-speaking agents, but they are still are poorly trained and unknowledgable, often not able to answer questions, unable to confirm an appointment, or putting me on the "transfer train" from one person to the next. So time consuming and frustrating.
I dealt with a cardiologists office last year that did that. The specific doctor I had hated it but he wasn't the owner so he couldn't change it. I told them I didn't need a stress test after dealing with their phone operators lol. When I went to the office there'd be 3 gals sitting around desks but they apparently don't like to answer calls. There was a pair assigned to them, one guy one girl. If I got the girl I knew the doctor wouldn't get the correct message. The guy was better at giving messages but it took forever. One day I called and said I just wanted my doctor to call me back. It was over 3 minutes with the outsource agent. When the office answered it was 20 seconds - and I got my callback.

Quote:
The same people that just leave their tried on tried on clothes on the floor, etc. are the same lazy sloths who can't bother to put their shopping carts back in the cart bin. No excuse but laziness and poor character.
Have you ever shared a hotel room with someone who gets out of the shower and leaves all their towels in a pile on the floor? Same people.

Old 03-18-2023, 07:59 AM

2,045 posts, read 785,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
My mother used to do this. She'd yank a shirt out from under the pile of folded ones and make them all a mess. Then throw the shirt down and walk off. If I stayed to fold them, she told me, "That's their job." I used to tell her those people had way more to do than follow her around and be her maid.
Sounds like a lovely woman ... no offense.

Did she also litter?

Old 03-18-2023, 08:03 AM

2,045 posts, read 785,940 times
Quote:
When it comes to our medical care, this kind of outsourcing of calls and shoddy service should not be allowed. They make way too much money not to have staff in their offices who are easily reachable by their patients.

In addition to the nightmare I am having trying to apply for Marketplace insurance, I am also my elderly mother's care giver, and have also had a horrible time coordinating her care and appointments, etc., because her doctor's group has outsourced all of their calls. At this time, they are English-speaking agents, but they are still are poorly trained and unknowledgable, often not able to answer questions, unable to confirm an appointment, or putting me on the "transfer train" from one person to the next. So time consuming and frustrating.
The last three times I've dealt with medical workers, they screwed something up.

Messed up information on a form ... never sent test results ... had me at the wrong location for an ultrasound.

I'm surrounded by idiots. And these were all Americans, btw.

Old 03-18-2023, 09:34 AM

2,194 posts, read 1,140,087 times
Quote:
Have you ever shared a hotel room with someone who gets out of the shower and leaves all their towels in a pile on the floor? Same people.
What else are you supposed to do with your towels in a hotel room? There's not a hamper.

Old 03-18-2023, 09:57 AM

6,589 posts, read 4,977,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
What else are you supposed to do with your towels in a hotel room? There's not a hamper.
They're wet, they wouldn't go in a hamper anyway. I hang them over the shower curtain rod, if there isn't a separate towel rod.

Or loosely fold and place on a flat surface in the bathroom - but never in a heap on the floor.

Old 03-18-2023, 11:04 AM

2,194 posts, read 1,140,087 times
Quote:
They're wet, they wouldn't go in a hamper anyway. I hang them over the shower curtain rod, if there isn't a separate towel rod.

Or loosely fold and place on a flat surface in the bathroom - but never in a heap on the floor.
Sure, in a hotel room, you'd throw towels in a hamper, wet or not. They have a hamper down by the pool for you to throw wet towels in, right?

If I were cleaning your room, I might assume that a towel hung over the shower rod meant you wanted to use it again. But a towel in a heap in the corner or under the sink leaves no question--this is dirty, you're done using it, I'll take it and replace it.

To each his own, but I think your original comparison just wasn't good. I'm hardly a lazy slob, but, no, I don't see the need to neatly fold something that's going to get tossed in a laundry bag.

Old 03-18-2023, 11:27 AM

204 posts, read 135,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergirl87 View Post
It seems like every place I turn the customer service is terrible and I am a fairly easy person to get a long with. If it is not extremely long hold times, then the people in question are just not doing their jobs at all. Here are a few examples.

I had an old 457 account at my previous employer that I could no longer contribute to, so I decided to roll it into my current retirement plan. I would call and call and stay on hold until the line would hang up. It was super annoying. So I talked talked to the previous employer who provided me the paperwork and she helped me complete it. Well Mission Retirement sent a part of my funds to my current company and the other half directly to me. I had to chase them down again over the phone to get them to cancel and re-issue the check and at this time, the other company still has not received the rest of the funds.

Back on MLK day, I sent my Beneficiary change form to my insurance 2 times and kept following up on the status of it being processed. I finally call in and was informed that it was rejected because they needed me to send a copy of my DL as they needed to verify the signature. (when I signed up for the policy, I did it online electronic signature) so I followed back up and learned it still had not been processed. I talked with someone last week and she said she would take care of it over the phone. I asked her for confirmation of the change and she said she would send it via the secure portal and I never received it. I called again to follow up and the person on the line said it had been changed and when she verified the new name, it turned out that she spelled the name wrong.

Finally, I ordered something from Con Air on 2/23. I called to get the status of the product and was told it should be here on 3/7. She provided me the shipping number. I looked up the shipping number last week and it turned out that my package was returned to sender although I had the correct mailing address as it shows it on my receipt. I have been trying to call all day today but not having any success.

I do not expect CSR's to cater to me or give me the golden treatment, but I do expect basic service. It seems like Customer Service has become absolutely abysmal with reps being downright terrible.

I remember in the past when you could call and talk to someone in a reasonable period of time and if the issue was not too complicated, you could get it resolved. Now it takes me having to call during my lunch hour and then I may not get through.

What gives?
If we're lucky we get a customer-service who understands and speaks English.

Old 03-18-2023, 12:05 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
If I were cleaning your room, I might assume that a towel hung over the shower rod meant you wanted to use it again. But a towel in a heap in the corner or under the sink leaves no question--this is dirty, you're done using it, I'll take it and replace it.
Some hotels in which I have stayed, in particular the Washington Hilton, has signage directing throwing used towels on the bathroom floor. That way they don't launder what they don't have to.

Old 03-18-2023, 12:21 PM

13,073 posts, read 7,515,583 times
"no problem"
a most used phrase of Z's and late millenniums.
YSMV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products